British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA IQA taking too much time (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-iqa-taking-too-much-time-834222/)

joshbay84 May 19th 2014 1:44 am

NZQA IQA taking too much time

I applied for Fast Track evaluation, my document was received by NZQA on May 01. It has been almost 12 business days and the status of the application is still "waiting" and the step is "Allocation". Does the 10 business days include end to end or is it just for "Evaluation" step? I am really getting worried now.

Joshua

joshbay84 May 20th 2014 2:15 am

Re: NZQA IQA taking too much time

This may be helpful for someone reading this thread in future.

I sent an email to NZQA regarding the application , got quick reply and now my case is in evaluation step. So, if your case is not moving forward - send am email to them. I have contacted them twice and they have been very helpful.

Also, it is better to go for fast track process from the beginning instead of converting your application to fast track in the middle. In my case, NZQA received my document on May 01. On May 13, I converted to fast tract by paying the additional fees online. Per NZQA, the 20 business day rule starts from May 13th and not from May 01st.

Joshua

WhiteRees May 20th 2014 2:28 pm

Hi - how long did your process take? I am worried about mine - I have submitted it via fasttrack service however my invitation deadline is fast approaching. How quickly from once yours was completed did you receive your documents back? I am worried that even though I will have my decision in time - the documents may not be received by me in time to send to the london office (hope that makes sense!)

joshbay84 May 21st 2014 12:00 am

Originally Posted by WhiteRees (Post 11268096)
Hi - how long did your process take? I am worried about mine - I have submitted it via fasttrack service however my invitation deadline is fast approaching. How quickly from once yours was completed did you receive your documents back? I am worried that even though I will have my decision in time - the documents may not be received by me in time to send to the london office (hope that makes sense!)

I am not yet done with the process. After 7 days, my application is in "Evaluation" step. I am not sure how long it is going to take. I am also getting nervous since my invitation deadline is also nearing.

sadaf123 Nov 9th 2014 2:47 pm

It has been a month since I have applied for iqa through standard process and it is still in allocation .What should I do? How long does it take ? Any idea?

WhiteRees Nov 9th 2014 7:34 pm

Guideline is 35 working days .... So you are looking at 6-7 weeks ish if you change to fastrack service I think time period starts again so you are best leaving it and waiting. You could send an email but worth checking the online status of your application first

monuji Jun 9th 2015 1:42 pm

Hi WhiteRees,

Your signature time lines sees impressive. May I know please what was/is your occupation while getting IQA/visa application processed ?

Thank you!

WhiteRees Jun 10th 2015 1:40 am

I worked in regulatory compliance in UK and have transferred those skills to my new job in Wellington.

monuji Jun 10th 2015 5:45 am

Thanks whiterees. Does your role fit in ICT? Also did you had the job offer during visa processing or before moving to nz.
I know it is not easy to secure job offer from offshore, but having said that, I am curious to know how one should undertake hunting of job from offshore. I am looking for ICT job and possess 9 years of experience in same. Any clues will be much appreciated. Thank you!

MrsFychan Jun 10th 2015 8:14 am

Originally Posted by monuji (Post 11671310)
Thanks whiterees. Does your role fit in ICT? Also did you had the job offer during visa processing or before moving to nz.
I know it is not easy to secure job offer from offshore, but having said that, I am curious to know how one should undertake hunting of job from offshore. I am looking for ICT job and possess 9 years of experience in same. Any clues will be much appreciated. Thank you!

have you filled in the points indicator on the immigration site to see what your points are?