Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

Old Jul 18th 2015, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

monuji is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

I am a software professional looking for LTSSL points under software engineer occupation. I have 9 years of experience of same.

Today, I received my IQA report where my bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering has been assessed as 'Bachelor degree at level 7'. This came as generic outcome.

I had specifically asked for specific outcome in assessment of my qualification. I have submitted Appendix B as well along with a covering letter in which I requested about it.

I don't understand why they have given such a generic outcome despite being requesting specific outcome and supplying all my 9 years of employment references documents.

They also suggested to go for IPENZ asking for comparibility assessment. But my doubt is, since I am software engineer and don't have the requirements to go for occupational registration, why i need to go for KA02 (assuming) assessment. All I need is specific comparable name of my qualification.

I was hoping to get 145 points, but after this report now reduced to 120!

Does that mean it is end of NZ dream!!!
Old Jul 19th 2015, 12:30 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nzqa IQA: Generic outcome despite submitting Appendix B.

sorry not having to have this done not sure what generic one is a problem, apart from the points amount. would a specific assessment give you more points??

Not sure how many would be able to help as this is predominantly a site for British Expats that would not need to go through this. may I suggest you speak to a immigration advisor in your own area to get the correct information or contact your local NZ Immigration office.

As for would this be the end of the dream - no - you need to ontain an offer of work to gain more points so it is still possible
Old May 1st 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

nitharsan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Monuji, did you go through k02 assessment? I am also same situation. Software engineer but genric outcome. Not sure what to do next to claim bonus points for LTSSL.
Old May 1st 2016, 2:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nitharsan
Hi Monuji, did you go through k02 assessment? I am also same situation. Software engineer but genric outcome. Not sure what to do next to claim bonus points for LTSSL.
see post #2 as that applies to you as well.