British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA information (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-information-904063/)

Bobogib Oct 2nd 2017 2:40 pm

NZQA information

Despite having a knock back last year with losing out on a job at the 11th hour, we are still trying to keep our eye on the ball. We are now looking at the second half of 2019 (as this gets me to my military pension point) to head over to NZ.

Trying to think of ways to spread the cost and I was thinking about sending all my qualifications of to NZQA to get assessed.

My question is, if they come back and say my Degree and NVQs are OK and give me an NZ equivalent, how long would these last before immigration say I have to get them re-done?

I've had a look around the NZQA site but can't seem to find anything.

escapedtonz Oct 3rd 2017 7:11 pm

Re: NZQA information

PAR is valid for one year and expires if, or when you get IQA of the same qualification.

There is no expiry for IQA assessments unless the actual Recognition Statement has an expiry date.

Bobogib Oct 5th 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12352912)
PAR is valid for one year and expires if, or when you get IQA of the same qualification.

There is no expiry for IQA assessments unless the actual Recognition Statement has an expiry date.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

That's what I was hoping to here. Best get everything together and get it ready to send off.

Andrew.Family Oct 17th 2017 7:00 pm

Hi Bobogib, We are just in the process of sending of the NZQA paperwork. Where in NZ are you looking to emigrate to? Ours is dependant on where I can get a job, which will probably be either Wellington or Christchurch. I would prefer Christchurch as the properties appear to be nicer and cheaper. Have you been to NZ before? Any knowledge shared would be greatly received.

Bobogib Oct 25th 2017 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew.Family (Post 12363257)
Hi Bobogib, We are just in the process of sending of the NZQA paperwork. Where in NZ are you looking to emigrate to? Ours is dependant on where I can get a job, which will probably be either Wellington or Christchurch. I would prefer Christchurch as the properties appear to be nicer and cheaper. Have you been to NZ before? Any knowledge shared would be greatly received.

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner, haven't been on for a while.

We are hoping to move to Chch, but like you it will be where we are able to get work initially.

We have been to NZ before, it was then we fell in love with the place and vowed that next time we go down then we would not be coming back.

If you have any specific questions then probably best to start your own thread. The Admin and MODs have a wealth of knowledge, as proved but this thread, and others. They are really quick to reply to.

Hope you have success, we have had 1 set back with losing a job offer but are gearing up for another go now.