NZQA - how long do assessments last?

Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:43 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default NZQA - how long do assessments last?

If I send off my teaching quals etc within the next few months (once we find out if hubby gets a job - hopefully April/ May time) how long do the assessments last - is there a time limit on them? We think, should hubby get the job, we will be going/ coming over in June/July 2009 so should i get them done now(ish) to get it all out of the way and ready to rock when we get there or do i need to wait til nearer the time?

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:32 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA - how long do assessments last?

Jeez, that's a tough one to answer. Some on this forum have received NZQA assessments with expiration dates while others have received assessments with no expiry date. Go figure.

Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:18 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happynz
Jeez, that's a tough one to answer. Some on this forum have received NZQA assessments with expiration dates while others have received assessments with no expiry date. Go figure.

hmmmm, that's really helpful of NZQA then - such consistency! Did it depend on the qualification you think?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:25 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by spid
hmmmm, that's really helpful of NZQA then - such consistency! Did it depend on the qualification you think?
Perhaps. I have a rather waffley Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts and my NZQA assessment of it has no expiry date. Neither does my Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults (RSA CTEFLA). No expiration there.

Once again, beats me.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:28 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by happynz
Perhaps. I have a rather waffley Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts and my NZQA assessment of it has no expiry date. Neither does my Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults (RSA CTEFLA). No expiration there.

Once again, beats me.
i have just emailed NZQA with this question - why i didn't do it in the first place i don't know - i've no idea how long they may take to reply though.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:29 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spid
i have just emailed NZQA with this question - why i didn't do it in the first place i don't know - i've no idea how long they may take to reply though.
This is a direct number to one of the qualification evaluators at NZQA.
His name is Mustafizur Rahman - 0064 4 463 4319. Fax - 0064 4 802 3401.
He assessed mine and have also spoken with him on the phone, he was quite helpful.
Hope it helps

Martin

p.s. My quals have an expiry date. 3 years from assessement. In Fabrication and Welding.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:35 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by Marjol
This is a direct number to one of the qualification evaluators at NZQA.
His name is Mustafizur Rahman - 0064 4 463 4319. Fax - 0064 4 802 3401.
He assessed mine and have also spoken with him on the phone, he was quite helpful.
Hope it helps

Martin

p.s. My quals have an expiry date. 3 years from assessement. In Fabrication and Welding.
thanks - if my email gets nowhere fast i shall give him a ring - i got back a reply to say it had been passed to the right department so here's hoping. 3 years would be fine though - just as long as they don't run out after a year.

Have helpful karma

Last edited by spid; Feb 11th 2008 at 9:37 pm. Reason: sp