British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA - how long do assessments last? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-how-long-do-assessments-last-513588/)

spid Feb 11th 2008 5:43 pm

NZQA - how long do assessments last?

If I send off my teaching quals etc within the next few months (once we find out if hubby gets a job - hopefully April/ May time) how long do the assessments last - is there a time limit on them? We think, should hubby get the job, we will be going/ coming over in June/July 2009 so should i get them done now(ish) to get it all out of the way and ready to rock when we get there or do i need to wait til nearer the time? :confused:

Thanks;):thumbup::shades_smile:

happynz Feb 11th 2008 7:32 pm

Re: NZQA - how long do assessments last?

Jeez, that's a tough one to answer. Some on this forum have received NZQA assessments with expiration dates while others have received assessments with no expiry date. Go figure.

:blink:

spid Feb 11th 2008 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5918123)
Jeez, that's a tough one to answer. Some on this forum have received NZQA assessments with expiration dates while others have received assessments with no expiry date. Go figure.

:blink:

hmmmm, that's really helpful of NZQA then - such consistency! Did it depend on the qualification you think?

happynz Feb 11th 2008 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5918361)
hmmmm, that's really helpful of NZQA then - such consistency! Did it depend on the qualification you think?

Perhaps. I have a rather waffley Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts and my NZQA assessment of it has no expiry date. Neither does my Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults (RSA CTEFLA). No expiration there.

Once again, beats me. :confused:

spid Feb 11th 2008 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5918412)
Perhaps. I have a rather waffley Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts and my NZQA assessment of it has no expiry date. Neither does my Certificate in the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language to Adults (RSA CTEFLA). No expiration there.

Once again, beats me. :confused:

i have just emailed NZQA with this question - why i didn't do it in the first place i don't know - i've no idea how long they may take to reply though.

Marjol Feb 11th 2008 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5918435)
i have just emailed NZQA with this question - why i didn't do it in the first place i don't know - i've no idea how long they may take to reply though.

This is a direct number to one of the qualification evaluators at NZQA.
His name is Mustafizur Rahman - 0064 4 463 4319. Fax - 0064 4 802 3401.
He assessed mine and have also spoken with him on the phone, he was quite helpful.
Hope it helps

Martin

p.s. My quals have an expiry date. 3 years from assessement. In Fabrication and Welding.

spid Feb 11th 2008 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Marjol (Post 5918771)
This is a direct number to one of the qualification evaluators at NZQA.
His name is Mustafizur Rahman - 0064 4 463 4319. Fax - 0064 4 802 3401.
He assessed mine and have also spoken with him on the phone, he was quite helpful.
Hope it helps

Martin

p.s. My quals have an expiry date. 3 years from assessement. In Fabrication and Welding.

thanks - if my email gets nowhere fast i shall give him a ring - i got back a reply to say it had been passed to the right department so here's hoping. 3 years would be fine though - just as long as they don't run out after a year.

Have helpful karma