NZQA help

Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:57 pm
RogerR

Smile NZQA help

Hi all,

In the process of completing the EOI... and the names of all our family! Jeez... wish my other half wasn't from a Catholic family now, as she has about 50 cousins!

Got a question about the NZQA equivalency section though... where can I find out the reference and the NZ equivalency for our quals? We both have Bachelors degrees, but can't seem to find anything to say what the codes and equivalencies are on the immigration website, nor on any of the links...

Can I not see the wood for the trees?

Cheers

Roger

Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:40 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA help

Originally Posted by RogerR
Hi all,

In the process of completing the EOI... and the names of all our family! Jeez... wish my other half wasn't from a Catholic family now, as she has about 50 cousins!

Got a question about the NZQA equivalency section though... where can I find out the reference and the NZ equivalency for our quals? We both have Bachelors degrees, but can't seem to find anything to say what the codes and equivalencies are on the immigration website, nor on any of the links...

Can I not see the wood for the trees?

Cheers

Roger
Hello Roger

You do realise family is only parents and siblings, not sure about Grandparents as mine or no more. As for NZQA might be worth emailing an enquiry or ringing them. At some point you will probably need a full assessment (NZ$400 or more) they take a while as well, mine was 6 months but have a 3 year shelf life.

Martin
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:47 pm
RogerR

Only parents and siblings? That would help... I assumed it was all blood rels up to cousins as the dropdown menus showed those categories... but if that's the case it's much easier.

And yes thanks for the tip on the quals... I was going to email them as had a look on their NZQA website but was unsure if I was just being stupid and not being able to find the details on the immigraton site. Thanks for the advice.

Would that fee still need to be paid if the quals we have (a BA and a BSc) and the relevant unis (Humberside and London) are already shown as acceptable on the immigration site?

Cheers Martin!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Would that fee still need to be paid if the quals we have (a BA and a BSc) and the relevant unis (Humberside and London) are already shown as acceptable on the immigration site?[/QUOTE]

Not to sure about that one as I had sent my quals off prior to finding this forum, and mine were only college standard. I am sure someone with more info will be along soon

Martin
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Raquel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: NZQA help

Did you actually find out why it took 6 months to process your applicatio with NZQA? What month did you submit your application to NZQA? So, maybe you can help me...What type of visa should I apply for if NZQA does not assess qualifications on time before I need to start working in NZ? Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Raquel
Did you actually find out why it took 6 months to process your applicatio with NZQA? What month did you submit your application to NZQA? So, maybe you can help me...What type of visa should I apply for if NZQA does not assess qualifications on time before I need to start working in NZ? Thanks
NZQA can be notoriously slow.

If you have a job offer & a contract or letter showing terms and conditions plus there is a definitive start date, then you should apply for a temporary work visa if you feel that a PR application will not be completed in time.

edited.......

Ah ! I see you are a Math teacher. I feel you will have to wait until your overseas teaching qualifications are verified by NZQA.
Ask the education authority that wishes to employ you to speak with NZQA on your behalf. Perhaps the Teaching Council will also help find out what the excessive delay is.

Once you have the registration, you should still apply for the temporary work visa to get you here and started . You can then go on with your PR application.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 15th 2008 at 10:07 pm. Reason: Just realised the poster is a teacher.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:19 pm
It might take a while!

Originally Posted by Raquel
No idea why it took 6 months. They tell you not to contact them as it can slow the process down If that is possible.
I sent them in May 2007 and after 6 months I called and emailed to be told they were processing them as we speak, I recieved them a week or so later, November 2007. I'm sure the phone call had nothing to do with it
I think Bevs has answered the other part

Martin
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh I feel a call or contacting NZQA can work a little magic at times.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Raquel is an unknown quantity at this point

I read that you could get a letter from the person wh wants to employ you, stating the reasons why they employ you and showing evidences that they could not find a New Zealander to cover that position... I'm a bit anxious, as this position would start in the middle of July and I have no idea what is coming next...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:44 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marjol
Hello Roger

You do realise family is only parents and siblings

Martin
Hi guys, just came across this thread, and you got me wondering!! Regarding listing family members.... The way we understood it was that you only had to list those family members you were planning to take to NZ with you and as such had to be included in your application as dependants!! Did we get the wrong end of the stick!?!?

We only listed ourselves!!

As for NZQA.... 6 months!?!? OMG!! How do you know if your qualification needs to be verified by them?!? Or do you only find out when you get your ITA??

Maria
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Hi guys, just came across this thread, and you got me wondering!! Regarding listing family members.... The way we understood it was that you only had to list those family members you were planning to take to NZ with you and as such had to be included in your application as dependants!! Did we get the wrong end of the stick!?!?
Maria
Hmm, this threw us too. I have one sister and two step sisters, OH has one brother and 4 step brothers. Do we add them all on????Certainly not coming with us!