British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Full Assessment?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-full-assessment-430553/)

Twig Feb 26th 2007 7:09 am

NZQA Full Assessment??

Has anyone ever done this?

We know our application form was received on the 12th February and the money has been taken from our account, but I have received absolutely nothing (email or otherwise) to confirm they are dealing with it, or processing it etc.

When you applied did you receive any notification from them before they finish the assessment?

Thanks.

samandjustin Feb 26th 2007 1:16 pm

Re: NZQA Full Assessment??

hi Twig

No, I haven't done it, but have been looking into it, and I think that you have to wait 20 days before the NZQA start the process of assessing quals. There is then an additional time period whilst they actually do the assessment before they come back to you, although if your concerned, it probably wouldn't hurt to send them an e-mail requesting aknowledgement of receipt of monies.

P2L Feb 26th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Twig (Post 4455372)
Has anyone ever done this?

We know our application form was received on the 12th February and the money has been taken from our account, but I have received absolutely nothing (email or otherwise) to confirm they are dealing with it, or processing it etc.

When you applied did you receive any notification from them before they finish the assessment?

Thanks.

Did you have to post it to NZ????

If so, unless they put in on Fast Post back, I wouldn't start fretting too much yet. In our experience, post coming from NZ spends longer sat at Heathrow sorting office than it does crossing the world!!!:mad:

But if you're really concerned an email wouldn't do any harm :thumbup:

sniffydog Feb 26th 2007 7:37 pm

Yes - done it!!!

Posted all documents on 26th October 2006. Heard absolutely nothing - despite the blurb saying they would assign someone with email address etc.

Chased in early december - yes we've got it etc etc (still no contact stuff).

Next thing I know an email telling me they've looked at all the documents (which were then sent back to me over christmas holidays) and they now need to complete the assessment.... (this had email contact info with named person)

Chased named person mid January, email straight back saying assessment had been posted back the previous day. Duly received end of week.

Total time 3 months.

Strange thing... despite wanting details of all work experience (for which I provided employer statements) there is no mention of this with the assessment - just my qualifications....

Hope this helps......

Twig Feb 27th 2007 3:54 pm

Well, I don't think I should start panicking just yet then. They only received it on the 12th Feb! :) (I used the parcel tracking number to see when they signed for it).

And yes we did have to post everything! I was really worried we would lose all those certificates (all originals) so I went with the International Signed For by Royal Mail, cost quite abit but well worth it I think. We also had to pay $36 for NZQA to send everything back via courier.

The waiting continues then....

Thanks anyway! :thumbup:

Chelskicat May 7th 2007 8:00 pm

Hi There
My documents were signed for 19Feb07 and the money taken the following week, all I got back was a standard system generated e-mail saying they had received docs and what would happen next. I hadn't heard anything after 2 months and called them, they are busy busy down there and don't appear to be sticking with the format the e-mail implied. My docs have been referred back to relevant authorities in the UK so god knows how long that will take.
If you ring them they will pull your name up on the system and advise the name of the official and case number assigned to your case get the extension number of the official ring or leave a message asking for an e-mail update, it worked for me at least I know where I currently am.
Good luck
Stew

backdraftuk May 12th 2007 5:43 am

I was starting to think it was just me being ignored by NZQA.

My CC was debited on the 20th March and I got an automated e-mail on the 12th April. I was starting to think I should hear something soon but from the other posts it looks like I might be some way off yet:(.

I started collecting all my employment info in Jan and we had initially thought we could get everything sorted within 12 months. Its a bit depressing to be 5 months down the line and not even passed step 1, especially as we know that we have a medical issue to get round as well.

On the plus side, if they have so many applications at least we are not alone in thinking its a good move.

Backdraft.