Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

NZQA Evaluation for Overseas Qualifications

NZQA Evaluation for Overseas Qualifications

Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

lipgloss1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA Evaluation for Overseas Qualifications

I hope somebody clear something up for me.
We are hoping to apply for residency under the SMC next year.
My partner seems to be on the list of exceptions as a metal fabricator, skilled level 2 part B (322311)
Is it worth applying for an evaluation for overseas qualifications to NZQA to be sure? Or is this service only used if are unable to find a match on the list?
Any advise is received gratefully
Old Sep 26th 2013, 4:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA Evaluation for Overseas Qualifications

Hello

If the qualifications are listed as exempt from assessment or as an exception then they do not need assessing by NZQA.
You would be wasting your money!

The qualifications on those lists have already been assessed as comparable to a NZ qualification.

All the best
P
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:34 am
Just Joined

chirag is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: NZQA Evaluation for Overseas Qualifications

Hello,

I am new to this forum, please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I am from India, we(me + my wife) are going to apply for EOI in next few months.

My qualifications (Bachelors and Masters) degrees are not listed in NZQA.
1. Do I need to register my qualification before applying for EOI ?
2. Do I need to register both qualification or just Masters only?

Thank you for any help and suggestion
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chirag
Hello,

I am new to this forum, please forgive me if I do something wrong.

I am from India, we(me + my wife) are going to apply for EOI in next few months.

My qualifications (Bachelors and Masters) degrees are not listed in NZQA.
1. Do I need to register my qualification before applying for EOI ?
2. Do I need to register both qualification or just Masters only?

Thank you for any help and suggestion
Hi and welcome to the forum,

If your qualification isn't on the exemptions list you must have it assessed by NZQA before you submit the EOI.
The minimum assessment you can do is Pre-Assessment Result or PAR. This is the cheapest and quickest method and is all done online. You do not have to send anything in to NZQA for this, however there is a chance NZQA will be unable to assess properly and give a result, so in the case of PAR, a result is not guaranteed and if you do get a result the equivalent level stated isn't guaranteed. It is only meant as an "approximate" for the EOI.

If you then submit EOI and it is selected and you then receive the Invitation to Apply you must then have IQA full assessment which gives you the required guaranteed result for the Residency application.

With respect to the EOI you can only claim for one qualification, so it is normal to go for the qualification which will give you the highest number of points.

Regards,
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:06 am
Just Joined

chirag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Hi and welcome to the forum,

If your qualification isn't on the exemptions list you must have it assessed by NZQA before you submit the EOI.
The minimum assessment you can do is Pre-Assessment Result or PAR. This is the cheapest and quickest method and is all done online. You do not have to send anything in to NZQA for this, however there is a chance NZQA will be unable to assess properly and give a result, so in the case of PAR, a result is not guaranteed and if you do get a result the equivalent level stated isn't guaranteed. It is only meant as an "approximate" for the EOI.

If you then submit EOI and it is selected and you then receive the Invitation to Apply you must then have IQA full assessment which gives you the required guaranteed result for the Residency application.

With respect to the EOI you can only claim for one qualification, so it is normal to go for the qualification which will give you the highest number of points.

Regards,
Thank you, It perfectly clear my misunderstanding
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

lipgloss1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hello

If the qualifications are listed as exempt from assessment or as an exception then they do not need assessing by NZQA.
You would be wasting your money!

The qualifications on those lists have already been assessed as comparable to a NZ qualification.

All the best
P
Hi there
My partner is on the list of exceptions as a metal fabricator, skilled level 2 part B (322311)
He has a part 3 also that isn't on the list, would it be worth getting this assessed as a higher qual? and would it attract more points?
Any advise is received gratefully received
Old Jan 8th 2014, 7:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lipgloss1968
Hi there
My partner is on the list of exceptions as a metal fabricator, skilled level 2 part B (322311)
He has a part 3 also that isn't on the list, would it be worth getting this assessed as a higher qual? and would it attract more points?
Any advise is received gratefully received
from my understanding from reading other posts you have to have exactly the qualification that is stated, anything higher/lower means you then do not have the correct qualification.
it might give you added points but I am not sure about that
Old May 21st 2014, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

amir ahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there,
I'm an overseas applicant, 34 year-old, 8 years of experience as network Engineer, I have Bsc. in Electrical engineering (communications and Electronics section). I have just received my IQA results as follows "A bachelor's degree at level 7". can I claim bonus points for my qualification ? and how many points can I get without qualification bonus ?
thanks in advance,
Amir