British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA - do I need one?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-do-i-need-one-622228/)

sarahandstew Jul 26th 2009 4:21 pm

NZQA - do I need one?!

Can anyone please help us with this as I'm concerned we may have overlooked this...

As part of our points total we have included in my degree (in Maths)
- will this need a NZQA in order to be counted on our ITA?

Many, many thanks

Sarah

Celticknight Jul 26th 2009 4:26 pm

Re: NZQA - do I need one?!

Hi,

My ITA was stamped "Full NZQA Assessment Required", so am in process of filling in even more paperwork.

Regards,

Ian.

LiffyB Jul 26th 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Sarah

I've got an Honours Degree in Business Managment and because its on the recognised lsit I don't need a full assessment. Its worth emailing NZIS and just clarifying before you pay for a full assesment - they really good at replying!

LiffyB

sarahandstew Jul 26th 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks Ian and Liffy

Hope to get our ITA thru the post in the next few days so will be looking for the fateful stamp then...

In the meantime I shall email NZIS
- who will hopefully be marginally quicker in getting back to us than our ITA has been....
- we were selected from the pool in May, got email from caseworker early June saying ITA would be in post but took some time for them to do that then our house number got missed and it is lost!!!!!

On a very tight deadline now as looking to fly out mid-October!?!?!

All the best

Sarah

Celticknight Jul 28th 2009 9:07 pm

Hi,

It seems I am getting the run around with NZQA at the moment.

My ITA is stamped as a full assessment is required. Have emailed NZQA to enquire if this is still correct as I believe my BTEC HND Engineering (Electronics) is on the excempt list. I also asked if they could confirm what Level this is equivalent to an NZ Qualification. (Needs to be at Level 6).

They have answered with just one sentence.........
"Please direct your query to Immigration NewZealand. "

one says one thing while the other says different, talk about passing the buck....

So looks like a chat with NZIS tomorrow, but I guess I'll be forking out money just for the sake of it. :confused:

Persephone Jul 29th 2009 2:23 am

Hi Sarah and Stew,
You will only need a NZQA assessment is your degree is not on the recognised list and/or was not from a recognised university.
I'm assuming you did the degree in the UK so have a look at the following from the NZIS website: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/18347.htm

If somewhere else in the world then go to the SMC, click "recognised qualifications" then click on the country you gained your degree in.

All the best
Sue:D

sarahandstew Jul 29th 2009 9:44 am

Sue

thanks ever so much for reassuring us on that as have now confirmed that it is there!

received our ITA Monday, sent it back yesterday!!!!

furniture due to be shipped in 3 weeks and we are booking our flights for 15 October for Stewart to start work beginning November

So don't know my ar*e from my elbow at the moment!!!!

Think our biggest risk is my medical
- I mentioned that I had glandular fever last year and maybe shouldn't have done!?
- would they have actually found out??

And CelticKnight
- isn't 'forking out money for money's sake' the thing we signed up to right at the start of this process!?!?!
- every corner you turn throws up more hidden charges
- even the fees for the ITA - $1400 then suddenly an extra $400 because you're applying from outside NZ!?!

People ask if I'm excited about this but it's all just too mindblowing an experience to be able to rationalise it
- put our whole lives in the hands of our CO.......

MnB Jul 29th 2009 9:47 am

:fingerscrossed: Good luck with it all!!!
B x

Celticknight Jul 31st 2009 10:12 pm

Hi All,

sorry but another NZQA question.

When sending the Paperwork for the assessment how have you sent them?

I was hoping to send via International Signed for but dont think this would be acceptable with a PO Box number, or can I use the Courier Address instead?

Thanks.

Ian.