Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

NZQA for Developer Programmer help please.

NZQA for Developer Programmer help please.

Old Apr 24th 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice
Default NZQA for Developer Programmer help please.

Hi,

i want to apply for a Pre-assessment to be able to apply for EOI under Developer Programmer, my question is :

i already have a valid ACS [ Australian Computer Society ]assessment with 10 years of experience in .net, my qualification is Bachelor degree in commerce [accounting section] the issue is that on the NZQA website they said that your work experience should be related to your qualifications what should i do? i have also attended a Microsoft courses and i already hold MCP, MCAD, MCTS and MCPD.

should i apply for the assessment with the Bachelor degree in commerce OR Microsoft courses and certificates OR both.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice
Default Re: NZQA for Developer Programmer help please.

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Hi,

i want to apply for a Pre-assessment to be able to apply for EOI under Developer Programmer, my question is :

i already have a valid ACS [ Australian Computer Society ]assessment with 10 years of experience in .net, my qualification is Bachelor degree in commerce [accounting section] the issue is that on the NZQA website they said that your work experience should be related to your qualifications what should i do? i have also attended a Microsoft courses and i already hold MCP, MCAD, MCTS and MCPD.

should i apply for the assessment with the Bachelor degree in commerce OR Microsoft courses and certificates OR both.

Thanks
Anything guys? i want to apply for the pre-assessment as soon as possible and i am waiting for your opinion.

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

There is no need for that. Patience is a virtue you will need to have if you plan to emigrate.

If you are in that much of a hurry, then you contact NZQA/NZIS yourself & make your own decisions.

FYI. This weekend has been a long Easter holiday weekend from work. I would rather imagine that those of us , both in the UK and here in NZ have been enjoying our free time with our families.

A PAR - preliminary NZQA assessment will only assess one qualification.

A full NZQA assessment allows for all your qualifications to be assessed.

Your ACS from Australia means nothing to New Zealand. We are two completely separate countries with independent immigration policies.

Developer Programmer - ANZSCO 261312 per the NZIS website which is freely available to everyone.

Originally Posted by NZIS
Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirements - Qualifications must be comparable to the standard of the New Zealand qualification listed
Originally Posted by NZIS
Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience
Therefore if you want to apply as a Developer Programmer you will need to show that you have a relevant degree to this occupation or that your qualifications are relevant to this degree standard.

Conclusion. Your commerce degree in accounting would not seem to match . If it were me and it is not, I would go for the full NZQA assessment where all the qualifications could be included.

I bid you good-day.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
There is no need for that. Patience is a virtue you will need to have if you plan to emigrate.

If you are in that much of a hurry, then you contact NZQA/NZIS yourself & make your own decisions.

FYI. This weekend has been a long Easter holiday weekend from work. I would rather imagine that those of us , both in the UK and here in NZ have been enjoying our free time with our families.

A PAR - preliminary NZQA assessment will only assess one qualification.

A full NZQA assessment allows for all your qualifications to be assessed.

Your ACS from Australia means nothing to New Zealand. We are two completely separate countries with independent immigration policies.

Developer Programmer - ANZSCO 261312 per the NZIS website which is freely available to everyone.

Therefore if you want to apply as a Developer Programmer you will need to show that you have a relevant degree to this occupation or that your qualifications are relevant to this degree standard.

Conclusion. Your commerce degree in accounting would not seem to match . If it were me and it is not, I would go for the full NZQA assessment where all the qualifications could be included.

I bid you good-day.
Thanks BEVS, that was really helpfull. i think i will have to find more info about the full NZQA assessment. do you think that i could be assessed under level 7 with all my qualifications included?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:12 am
`

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Thanks BEVS, that was really helpfull. i think i will have to find more info about the full NZQA assessment. do you think that i could be assessed under level 7 with all my qualifications included?

Thanks.
This is something you need to ask the IT people already here.

Try a thread in the main forum entitled "IT - what overseas qualifications are accepted." Hopefully those int he know will come back to you.

and

thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

This is something you need to ask the IT people already here.

Try a thread in the main forum entitled "IT - what overseas qualifications are accepted." Hopefully those int he know will come back to you.

and

thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated.
Thanks BEVS, could you send me any link that show how to submit full NZQA assessment.

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:16 am
`

Mate ! I ain't being funny but you can't find NZQA and the assessments?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mate ! I ain't being funny but you can't find NZQA and the assessments?
sorry got you. it was a stupid question.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 10:39 pm
`

Not stupid but a bit of a surprise.

In case.

NZQA Int qual assessments.