NZQA for bonus points

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default NZQA for bonus points

Hi

I was going to do this in the next few days but just wondered if I really needed to submit OH's qualifications to NZQA.

They are on the approved list and we had a preliminary assessment (you know the quick e-mail one) that gave us the required level for his degree but do we still need to do the full assessment (we are claiming bonus points for his qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage).

Thanks
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: NZQA for bonus points

Originally Posted by getmethere View Post
Hi

I was going to do this in the next few days but just wondered if I really needed to submit OH's qualifications to NZQA.

They are on the approved list and we had a preliminary assessment (you know the quick e-mail one) that gave us the required level for his degree but do we still need to do the full assessment (we are claiming bonus points for his qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage).

Thanks
Not wishing to dampen your spirits but NZQA awarded me level 8 on the pre-assessment and then when it came to the full assessment they changed their minds and said that they couldn't even assess the qualification at all! I think that we have sort of resolved it now but only after a HUGE amount of lobbying and chasing at the highest levels. Proceed with caution.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

when the ITA arrives will it tell you if you need them to be fully assessed??? Just a thought..

Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
when the ITA arrives will it tell you if you need them to be fully assessed??? Just a thought..

Yes. My ITA had a big sheet attached to it saying that the aplication would be rejected without a full assessment of Level 7 or over.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

thanks guys. Better do it anyway. Although slightly worrying comment from Rock Ape but better to be realistic hey.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Yup - just got ITA (wow, that was quick) and yes, do have to have full NZQA assessment.

what does the full assessment say - does anyone know?

this is what I need: Level 7 comparable to Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies.

Will my full assessment say whether or not my qual is comparable to Bsc in Environ studies or will it just give a level. I only ask because the wording of my degree doesn't say 'Environmental studies' it says 'Environmental Science' so I'm hoping it's just a wording thing and not a course content thing - eek, starting to worry now.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Twinkie is an unknown quantity at this point

We lodged our ITA on 13th Aug 2008 (without job offer) and received an e-mail today telling us that my OH has to have his qualifications assessed by NZQA and that they must have the information returned by 26th Oct or it will delay our application process. Judging by Rockape the chances of this are slim, great! Has everyone elses taken so long? Twinkie.

EOI Submitted 09 March 2008
ITA Received 14 May 2008
ITA Submitted 13th August 2008
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
We lodged our ITA on 13th Aug 2008 (without job offer) and received an e-mail today telling us that my OH has to have his qualifications assessed by NZQA and that they must have the information returned by 26th Oct or it will delay our application process. Judging by Rockape the chances of this are slim, great! Has everyone elses taken so long? Twinkie.

EOI Submitted 09 March 2008
ITA Received 14 May 2008
ITA Submitted 13th August 2008
You've got 2 hopes Twinkie!! My quals have been with NZQA since 31st July and I haven't even had an evaluator assigned so the '35' days haven't even started. Malcolm Leitch from NZQA emailed me and said that NZIS would give me an extension on my ITA if necessary - luckily I haven't submitted one yet.Get straight back to your Case Officer at NZIS and tell him to contact NZQA and find out just how long a wait you're looking at.If you want Malcolm Leitch's email PM me and I'll pass it on. Good luck!