British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA - back log (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-back-log-557819/)

jack1971 Aug 27th 2008 9:16 pm

NZQA - back log

I have just contacted the NZQA for an update on my application which I submitted on the 12th July, they have told me that my case is still waiting to be allocated and the 35 working days time scale will not start until it is given to a case worker, which mean that we will not have it back in time for ITA deadline, they have advised me to ask for an extension. Has anyone else been given an extension for similar circumstances? :confused::curse:

nena11 Aug 27th 2008 9:53 pm

Re: NZQA - back log

Originally Posted by jack1971 (Post 6721604)
I have just contacted the NZQA for an update on my application which I submitted on the 12th July, they have told me that my case is still waiting to be allocated and the 35 working days time scale will not start until it is given to a case worker, which mean that we will not have it back in time for ITA deadline, they have advised me to ask for an extension. Has anyone else been given an extension for similar circumstances? :confused::curse:

Hi Jack 1971,

I was given an extension for my ITA as my police clearance took longer than expected, it was really simple I just sent an email to [email protected] stating the reason and we were given a month which was more than enough for us, not sure whether you can request for a longer extension when you request as my understanding is that you can only ask for an extension only once

Good luck with NZQA, they do like to take their time, I had to explain to them that I was reaching my deadline and they did send the assessment soon after

jack1971 Aug 27th 2008 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by nena11 (Post 6721745)
Hi Jack 1971,

I was given an extension for my ITA as my police clearance took longer than expected, it was really simple I just sent an email to [email protected] stating the reason and we were given a month which was more than enough for us, not sure whether you can request for a longer extension when you request as my understanding is that you can only ask for an extension only once

Good luck with NZQA, they do like to take their time, I had to explain to them that I was reaching my deadline and they did send the assessment soon after

Thanks for that - it is so frustrating, I thought I was really organsided I submitted the assessment request the same day we got the ITA, We have taken this week off work thinking we would be able to have our medicals, I have had to cancel these for the time being. We actually got our police checks back within a couple of weeks!

Jackie

Rock Ape Aug 28th 2008 4:53 am

Originally Posted by jack1971 (Post 6721860)
Thanks for that - it is so frustrating, I thought I was really organsided I submitted the assessment request the same day we got the ITA, We have taken this week off work thinking we would be able to have our medicals, I have had to cancel these for the time being. We actually got our police checks back within a couple of weeks!

Jackie

Hi,
My fast-tracked NZQA report has been lodged since the begining of July so I fully appreciate your frustration. I suggest ringing their main enquiry desk and speak to Malcolm Leitch. If you have a job offer they can push things along a bit but its a bit like pulling teeth. I have been having major issues with them as previously documented so hang in there.