British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Awarded my 4 yrs Bachelors as Level 6 :( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-awarded-my-4-yrs-bachelors-level-6-a-732389/)

jnathan Sep 14th 2011 7:40 pm

NZQA Awarded my 4 yrs Bachelors as Level 6 :(

Today I got my PAR result
NZQA assessed my 4 Yrs Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree as level 6 instead of 7. I am so sad to see this result. People easily get their 4 yrs Degree assessed as Level 7 by NZQA but I don't know what has gone wrong in my case.

Now what do you all think what should I do? Fetching Curriculum of New Zealand's Universities, making cross matching of resemblance with their curriculum with my Bachelor's and re apply or go for PAR for my Masters Degree in Computer Information Systems?

FriendForEver Sep 15th 2011 4:30 am

Re: NZQA Awarded my 4 yrs Bachelors as Level 6 :(

Originally Posted by jnathan (Post 9621397)
Today I got my PAR result
NZQA assessed my 4 Yrs Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree as level 6 instead of 7. I am so sad to see this result. People easily get their 4 yrs Degree assessed as Level 7 by NZQA but I don't know what has gone wrong in my case.

Now what do you all think what should I do? Fetching Curriculum of New Zealand's Universities, making cross matching of resemblance with their curriculum with my Bachelor's and re apply or go for PAR for my Masters Degree in Computer Information Systems?

PAR is not the confirm Assessment results unless they will not see your documents physically.

In My case they assessed my Master in Computer Science Degree as Level 7 in PAR, But when i receive results of my IQA later it was on Level 8 (and i was not able to claim points for being on the list of Absolute Skill shortage), Similarly my OH Bachelor of Education was assessed as level 6 but when IQA report received it was at Level 7.

jnathan Sep 15th 2011 10:51 pm

FriendForEver,

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen for some Pakistanis, NZQA has assessed Bachelor of Science in Computer Science as Level 7. How come they initially assessed your's as Level 6. I think they are money suckers and want people to apply for IQA spending $746. what do you think?

Will NZQA assess both my Bachelor and Masters degree together for $746 or I'll have to pay separately for each of my degrees ? What is the way to apply for IQA; apply for EOI 1st and then if the case officer asks for it or do it in advance before applying for EOI?

have you applied for EOI? what is your status now?

FriendForEver Sep 16th 2011 7:57 am

Originally Posted by jnathan (Post 9624067)
FriendForEver,

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen for some Pakistanis, NZQA has assessed Bachelor of Science in Computer Science as Level 7. How come they initially assessed your's as Level 6. I think they are money suckers and want people to apply for IQA spending $746. what do you think?

Will NZQA assess both my Bachelor and Masters degree together for $746 or I'll have to pay separately for each of my degrees ? What is the way to apply for IQA; apply for EOI 1st and then if the case officer asks for it or do it in advance before applying for EOI?

A Long story with a good end. I have blue sticker on my Passport through SF Visa.

My qualification assessed as a Postgraduate qualification at Level 8 and have not been given any equal NZ qualification name. So My ITA Lapsed now.

When NZQA will assess your final Degree they will also required details of your previous qualifications and all those will be mentioned in IQA Report with levels.

jnathan Sep 16th 2011 11:50 pm

So SFV is for people those
expected Level 7 for their bachelors but got 6 and
expected Level 9 for their Masters but got 8

??? as SFV visas dont need your qualifications to be recognized???