British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Assessment Outcome Confused (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-assessment-outcome-confused-701327/)

FriendForEver Jan 19th 2011 7:15 am

NZQA Assessment Outcome Confused

Hi All,

Yesterday I received NZQA Assessment Report for my spouse qualification. It shows :

Assessment Outcome : A qualification at Level 7 (120 Credits)

Comments: These qualifications, either singly or in combination are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial teacher qualification.
In New Zealand registration is required by law to undertake employment as a teacher. Registration is determined by the appropriate occupational registration body.

Does it will create problem in Immigration process as they mentioned in report that "These qualifications, either singly or in combination are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial teacher qualification."

In NZQA Pre-Assessment Result they defined that this qualification is at Level 5 on register, so i mentioned same in the EOI, now as i have been invited to apply and got Level 7, should i need to inform Immi NZ and will it create any problem as the level is not the same ?

Regards,

BEVS Jan 19th 2011 7:57 am

Re: NZQA Assessment Outcome Confused

UUmm. I hope you don't mind if I say that your post is difficult to understand. Not the English language as such but the context.

Is your spouse a teacher ? If so then NZ teacher council registration is required.
for it to count for points.

FriendForEver Jan 19th 2011 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9112456)
UUmm. I hope you don't mind if I say that your post is difficult to understand. Not the English language as such but the context.

Is your spouse a teacher ? If so then NZ teacher council registration is required.
for it to count for points.

I am sorry if you feel difficulty understanding the context,

Yes she is a secondary school teacher

FriendForEver Jan 19th 2011 5:12 pm

This might give better understanding about my Query.

I want to claim bonus points for my partner's Qualification. For this purpose my partner applied for NZQA Full International Qualification Assessment.

My Partner is a Secondary School Teacher and her Qualification Bachelor of Science (Pass) Assessed as "A qualification at Level-6 240 credits)" and Bachelor of Education Assessment Outcome Shows "A qualification at Level 7 (120) credits)".

COMMENTS in IQA Report : "These qualification, either singly or in combination, are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial qualification.
In New Zealand registration is required by law to undertake employment as a teacher. Registration is determined by the appropriate occupational registration body.

My query is Does NZ teacher council registration is required/mandatory to claim Partner's qualification bonus points or ?

If so than can I lodge my Skilled Migration Application without her registration and submit this on later date when it will receive, as it will take more time to receive registration letter/certificate and my ITA will expire. OR I should apply for ITA submission date extension to Immigration NZ ?

Another query is that in PAR NZQA Assessed her Qualification as Level 5 but now when we receive her IQA Report it show Level 7, is it OK or will it also create any confusion/problem with the immigration application ?

Thanking you in advance for your guidance.

FriendForEver Jan 26th 2011 7:08 am

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 9113653)
This might give better understanding about my Query.

I want to claim bonus points for my partner's Qualification. For this purpose my partner applied for NZQA Full International Qualification Assessment.

My Partner is a Secondary School Teacher and her Qualification Bachelor of Science (Pass) Assessed as "A qualification at Level-6 240 credits)" and Bachelor of Education Assessment Outcome Shows "A qualification at Level 7 (120) credits)".

COMMENTS in IQA Report : "These qualification, either singly or in combination, are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial qualification.

My query is Does NZ teacher council registration is required/mandatory to claim Partner's qualification bonus points or ?

If so than can I lodge my Skilled Migration Application without her registration and submit this on later date when it will receive, as it will take more time to receive registration letter/certificate and my ITA will expire. OR I should apply for ITA submission date extension to Immigration NZ ?

Another query is that in PAR NZQA Assessed her Qualification as Level 5 but now when we receive her IQA Report it show Level 7, is it OK or will it also create any confusion/problem with the immigration application ?

Thanking you in advance for your guidance.

Same Query sent to Immigration New Zealand twice and got below Replies:

Thank you for contacting us.

Registration is not required to claim points for your qualification. If you are claiming points for a job offer related to your qualification to work as a Teacher in New Zealand, you must hold New Zealand teaching registration.

Kind regards

and

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to claim points for your partners Qualification, given that she requires registration to undertake the position within NZ, then she will need to have this prior to lodging a Residence application.

If you claim such points and are required to provide evidence of the Registration but do not have this, then it is possible that those points will be deducted.

You can read more about claiming points for your EOI via the link below:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm

Should you require further assistance please feel free to contact us again

Kind regards

Please guide.
:(

simonsi Jan 26th 2011 7:51 am

Let me try and summarise what NZIS have said and the position as I understand it from what you have said and quoted.

If you wish to claim your partner has a recognised qualification then you are OK.

If you wish to claim that your partner is qualified in an area of skills shortage (such as teaching), then you are not OK. The qualifications they hold are not equivalent to a NZ teaching qualification AND registration is required so the test fails on two points.

FriendForEver Jan 26th 2011 9:01 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9129494)
Let me try and summarise what NZIS have said and the position as I understand it from what you have said and quoted.

If you wish to claim your partner has a recognised qualification then you are OK.

If you wish to claim that your partner is qualified in an area of skills shortage (such as teaching), then you are not OK. The qualifications they hold are not equivalent to a NZ teaching qualification AND registration is required so the test fails on two points.

Thanks simonsi,

Tension released now.

I also wrote same matter to the INZ Bangkok Branch. They Replied clearly "IQA is enough for awarding bonus points for your partner's recognised qualification.".

Arranging other documents and applying for Police clearance now while waiting for my own IQA report received.

robbyarg Jan 28th 2011 7:27 pm

Once the outcome level is 7, you are good to claim points for migration. As for the registration, in that particular field it is required before you can work in it in NZ or Australia.

Originally Posted by FriendForEver (Post 9112379)
Hi All,

Yesterday I received NZQA Assessment Report for my spouse qualification. It shows :

Assessment Outcome : A qualification at Level 7 (120 Credits)

Comments: These qualifications, either singly or in combination are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial teacher qualification.

Does it will create problem in Immigration process as they mentioned in report that "These qualifications, either singly or in combination are not comparable to a recognized New Zealand initial teacher qualification."

In NZQA Pre-Assessment Result they defined that this qualification is at Level 5 on register, so i mentioned same in the EOI, now as i have been invited to apply and got Level 7, should i need to inform Immi NZ and will it create any problem as the level is not the same ?

Regards,