British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA Assessment Outcome & Bonus Points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-assessment-outcome-bonus-points-703671/)

FriendForEver Feb 3rd 2011 5:33 pm

NZQA Assessment Outcome & Bonus Points

Hi everyone,

I had claim bonus points for the Qualification and work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage in my EOI,

My qualification Master of Computer Science has been assessed as "Postgraduate diploma at Level 8" and in attached detail letter NZQA mentioned following paragraph:

"Where possible, NZQA has compared your qualifications to a qualification listed on the New Zealand Qualification Framework (NZQF). Where it has not been possible to specify a named qualification, NZQA has provided a framework level comparison, only"

In the LTSSL they mentioned that I need a "Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology", does this mean that I cant qualify for bonus points for my qualification & experience in an area of absolute skill shortage ?

Thanks in advance

FriendForEver Feb 4th 2011 2:41 pm

Re: NZQA Assessment Outcome & Bonus Points

Any Advise please . . .

BEVS Feb 5th 2011 6:19 am

Will this help?

NZIS link

Maybe consult with an NZ licensed Immigration Lawyer in your country of origin if that is not the UK.

Or

take a punt as you seem to have over the level required post NZQA from what you have written.

Imaan Feb 28th 2011 10:40 am

I also have same situation that I got Level 8 for MCS . But in actual it is equivalent to BS (Hons). We are now applying for IQA , wat abt u ? is there any other way to proceed ?

Imaan Mar 1st 2011 3:49 am

You have received ITA and appying for application is it ? have you got answer for your query ? I actually have same situation and thinking either I should apply for EOI or not ? I got Level 8 in PAR and trying to apply for IQA but not sure is it proper way or not ?

Nauman Mar 29th 2011 7:21 pm

Hi FriendForEver,

good luck in applying and all that. :thumbsup:

but plz let us know if you got through or got a clear answer.
(anxiously waiting)

thanks in advance

FriendForEver Mar 30th 2011 4:08 am

Required to must have a job offer in this situation INZ advised.

NZQA said although your qualification is over the level but it could not be given any name, So i am not able to gain points for absolute skill list.

I am searching for a registered migration agent here in Karachi Pakistan to consult in current situation for a Review on NZQA Assessment outcome.

Nauman Mar 31st 2011 1:25 pm

oh this is frustrating

good luck in finding registered migration agent, because there are not so many here in pakistan. It's difficult to find one especially for NZ.

anyway dont give up. You are the man (doing all the stuff by yourself)

Good Luck.