British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA assessment- is it necessary?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-assessment-necessary-518939/)

Persephone Mar 3rd 2008 9:57 pm

NZQA assessment- is it necessary??

Was just reading through the London section of the NZIS website and read the following under "tips for lodging skilled migrant applications"

If you do not have an offer of Skilled Employment and you are claiming Bonus points for a qualification or work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage (LTSSL) you will need to provide a full NZQA assessment of your qualification.

If you do not provide a full NZQA assessment at the time that you lodge your application then the application will be returned to you without being assessed.

I have no job offer but I am claiming bonus points for work experience in an area on the LTSSL. I was under the impression that I would not need assessment as my quals are on the list of recognised qualifications though the above would imply I do!:eek:

Does anyone know if I need assessment, I'm hoping I don't :sneaky: And just when I thought I'd got this immigration malarky sorted :curse:

The answer is probably really simple but I'm tired and can't think straight, it's getting late over here in Blighty!:rofl:

zummerzet_lou Mar 5th 2008 7:17 am

Re: NZQA assessment- is it necessary??

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, you need a full assessment.

My qualifications were on the list of recognised degrees/institutes, but without a job offer I had to fork out for a fast-tracked full assessment.

The gutting thing was, the actual assessment is one sheet of A4, stating the same as on my degree certificate ... bargain for £250!!

Lou

saritabear Mar 5th 2008 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by zummerzet_lou (Post 6019325)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, you need a full assessment.

My qualifications were on the list of recognised degrees/institutes, but without a job offer I had to fork out for a fast-tracked full assessment.

The gutting thing was, the actual assessment is one sheet of A4, stating the same as on my degree certificate ... bargain for £250!!

Lou

In my ITA pack it says that OH does not his qualifications assessed under the NZQA as they're on the list of recognised qualifications. He doesn't have a job offer and is claiming points for work experience on the LTSSL. Have checked through a couple of times just to be sure.

sb

saritabear Mar 5th 2008 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by saritabear (Post 6020537)
In my ITA pack it says that OH does not his qualifications assessed under the NZQA as they're on the list of recognised qualifications. He doesn't have a job offer and is claiming points for work experience on the LTSSL. Have checked through a couple of times just to be sure.

sb

Have just panicked and called NZ house (£4 later...).....the lovely woman Marie confirmed that if your qual is on the recognised list and you are claiming points for work experience on the LTSSL then you don't need your quals assessed.

sb

Persephone Mar 5th 2008 7:16 pm

Have just panicked and called NZ house (£4 later...).....the lovely woman Marie confirmed that if your qual is on the recognised list and you are claiming points for work experience on the LTSSL then you don't need your quals assessed.

Thanks for your replies, so don't need to bother with NZQA, excellent,one less thing to worry about.

Didn't mean to cause panic, when we get there will buy you a drink in NZ to make up for it SB! :beer::D