Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

NZQA assessment has made no difference to EOI points - can this be right???

NZQA assessment has made no difference to EOI points - can this be right???

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default NZQA assessment has made no difference to EOI points - can this be right???

Ok, I am now VERY confused. Have just paid out two sets of fees to have an additional qualification for my OH who is a sparky and myself to be assessed by NZQA.

We both have qualifications that are on the recognised list and i have put these first on the EOI, I have then put my OH 2nd qualification on which is rated at level 4 - the points total didn't change. I then put my 2nd qualification on which is rated at level 7 - again the points total didn't change. Can this be correct???? Both assessments are higher than the ones on the approved list, so surely the points should go up????

I thought i would try here first rather than spend another 10 mins holding on the NZIS phone system.

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZQA assessment has made no difference to EOI points - can this be right???

I take it that this is an incomplete EOI which you are editing and that you have held off claiming any points for qualification or trade qualification until you were certain of the NZQA assessments.

If the above is correct , then yes, your points should alter when you edit the EOI to include the new details.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA assessment has made no difference to EOI points - can this be right???

Bevs

I have updated the qualifications and validated at each page, and it still doesn't affect anything - mind you have just read that anything under level 5 on skilled migrant will not be recognised - so that's my husbands out the picture, but mine are level 5 and leve 7 so surely i should get more than the 20 points it is allocating me - I have also tried swapping the order still no difference. Also the EOI is now saying complete pending submission - so surely this is the final points???