NZQA Amazing Turnaround time

Old Oct 6th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default NZQA Amazing Turnaround time

Hi everyone

I just had to post this because I'm still in shock!

I was fearing that NZQA were going to take years to complete my qualifications assessment. I submitted on-line on 6th September fast tracked (and sent the documents a couple of days later), so bearing in mind that signed for post usually takes 7-10 days or something like that.

Today I logged onto their website to check the progress and my case is closed, documents couriered TODAY! All done and dusted!

OMG, that was super duper quick.
So there is hope after all!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: NZQA Amazing Turnaround time

Originally Posted by getmethere
Hi everyone

I just had to post this because I'm still in shock!

I was fearing that NZQA were going to take years to complete my qualifications assessment. I submitted on-line on 6th September fast tracked (and sent the documents a couple of days later), so bearing in mind that signed for post usually takes 7-10 days or something like that.

Today I logged onto their website to check the progress and my case is closed, documents couriered TODAY! All done and dusted!

OMG, that was super duper quick.
So there is hope after all!!!!
Great news but wait until you get the report before breaking out the champagne. After nearly 2 1/2 months to do the assessment I received the report on Sept 11. The report was incorectly written (wrong qualification & wrong date). Replacement report was also wrong, this time right date wrong qualifcation. Still waiting for third report! I had to laugh at the 'quality checking' stage of the on-line progress - I wonder what monkey they'vre got doing that? Crap service at a big cost in my opinion.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Oh dear!

Will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

I agree - HUGE cost!! and from what I understand terrible communication and LONG processing times (usually)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by getmethere
Oh dear!

Will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

I agree - HUGE cost!! and from what I understand terrible communication and LONG processing times (usually)
I think that it depends upon what the qualification is. If yours fits into their neat tick-box system then I think it is quite quick but faced with something unusual or outside their comprehension then you've got a problem.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

ddavies73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: NZQA Amazing Turnaround time

I started mine September 10th, they had everything on the 12th and todate they still have not allocated my paperwork

I called them and they said that it can still take another 2 months till they get back to me.

Not sure why it is taking so long. This is worse than when I lived in Africa, and at least there I did not have to pay NZ$400!!!!

I wonder if I could sue them?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ddavies73
I started mine September 10th, they had everything on the 12th and todate they still have not allocated my paperwork

I called them and they said that it can still take another 2 months till they get back to me.

Not sure why it is taking so long. This is worse than when I lived in Africa, and at least there I did not have to pay NZ$400!!!!

I wonder if I could sue them?
$400? YOu lucky person. Mine was $636 and still an utter farce.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

I had my qualifications appraised in the US, and it only took 2 weeks turn around. That time included sending everything from the UK to the US!! The cost US$160.
I believe that is due to the effect of the free market as there is more than one company. Also I felt that the evaluation was going to fair as there is no conflict of interest. Here the governement does the appraisal, and guess who is going to pay my pay check?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

I logged onto the NZQA website and was told that my file has been allocated. Notice my shock that when I logged on tonight Nov 11th I am being told that my file has yet to be allocated.

Can anyone tell what is going on with NZQA?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

there seem to be GREAT variations in turnaround times and customer services with regards to NZQA. Personally, it sounds like a shambles. I, for one, had a perfect experience. Once my file was 'allocated', it was no time at all before my file was completed and returned. However, not everyone has been that lucky. It seems like a bit of a lottery - good luck! Hope it works out soon for you.

PS - it seems that they are not very good at answering e-mails but do respond to phone calls, so perhaps a phone call would help.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice.

I called and they have since reallocated my file to someone. However, they said it could now be till January when I get the report.

So, I am going to quit. I am going to look around at other countries that want my skills rather than those that say that they need my skills.

It has just been a very long, and expensive, process. The future is not very bright for New Zealand if this is how organized they are.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

It is pretty much the same even for Australia. I do not know about other countries. ACS takes more than 2 months for skills assessment. Comparitively, NZQA is faster.

goodluck
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't take any notice of what it says. I never heard one way or another about allocation, then one day my documents and assessment just came back, including all the photocopies - why did I have to send them then?Visa money taken 31st July, assessment completed 3 months later.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice

I sent my husband's quals off for assessment and heard nothing for 2 months. I phoned them and they apologised profusely saying that they hadn't even looked at them yet. 5 days later, the assessment arrived at my house - all done and better than we expected.
Hurrah for NZQA!! Bet they don't hear that too often.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
I sent my husband's quals off for assessment and heard nothing for 2 months. I phoned them and they apologised profusely saying that they hadn't even looked at them yet. 5 days later, the assessment arrived at my house - all done and better than we expected.
Hurrah for NZQA!! Bet they don't hear that too often.
Did you get all your photocopies back too?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Cheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really niceCheesehead is just really nice

Yes. All nicely arranged into piles of originals, translations and copies. Quite something!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.