NZQA Acknowledgement

Old May 21st 2008, 5:38 am
Just Joined

philfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nicephilfunuk is just really nice
Default NZQA Acknowledgement

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the NZQA to confirm receipt of my certificates, etc? I sent them off 3 weeks ago and they were recieved and signed for 11 days ago but I have heard nothing. Is this a normal amount of time?

Thanks

Phil
Old May 21st 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA Acknowledgement

Hi Phil,

I've had mine done, and recieved the results, has the money been drawn from your account yet?

I think mine was 3 to 4 weeks after money was taken, even though it says 20 days to assess, it'll take about 2 1/2 months to get through the que to get assessed.

There's a phone number on the wb site, ring them up, they are very friendly and help full. Its worth hasseling them to get it done.

But don't worry, providing you put ALL the information you can it'll get assessed eventually.

Good luck, be warned the results ain't very exciting.

See ya.

j.j.
Old May 21st 2008, 7:05 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't need an NZQA assessment as himself is a time served plumber. However, from all that I read here and elsewhere , it would seem that patience is a virtue when it comes to an NZQA assessment result.

Have some karma fro all the poxy waiting.
Old May 21st 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Sorry to hi-jack your thread but this is all very interesting indeed. After my initital euphoria at getting selected I had an email yesterday from Immigration saying that my points have been slashed to 90 and below the magic number of 100 because I do not have a 'recognised qualification'! This came as quite surprise because I'm a Chartered Surveyor with post-grad from the Reading College of Estate Management and assumed (wrongly) that these would be recognised. None the less I have now faxed the paperwork off to NZQA for a pre-assessement of my quals and saw on the paperwork that they reckon a response within 10 days. Am I to assume given the previous posts that this is fiction then?

I say this because we are due to fly out to NZ to meet with my new employers next week and if Immigration have their way this may turn out to be VERY expensive holiday!!

Out of interest are there any Chartered Surveyors out there who have been down this route? I would welcome their experience. I confess that I find it hard to believe in a country that is apparently crying out for those in my profession (I was head-hunted by two employers) that the immigration service can be so out of touch.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Sorry to hi-jack your thread but this is all very interesting indeed. After my initital euphoria at getting selected I had an email yesterday from Immigration saying that my points have been slashed to 90 and below the magic number of 100 because I do not have a 'recognised qualification'! This came as quite surprise because I'm a Chartered Surveyor with post-grad from the Reading College of Estate Management and assumed (wrongly) that these would be recognised. None the less I have now faxed the paperwork off to NZQA for a pre-assessement of my quals and saw on the paperwork that they reckon a response within 10 days. Am I to assume given the previous posts that this is fiction then?

I say this because we are due to fly out to NZ to meet with my new employers next week and if Immigration have their way this may turn out to be VERY expensive holiday!!

Out of interest are there any Chartered Surveyors out there who have been down this route? I would welcome their experience. I confess that I find it hard to believe in a country that is apparently crying out for those in my profession (I was head-hunted by two employers) that the immigration service can be so out of touch.

Hi,

We've just come back from nz, went there to meet employers to get job offer, i told nzqa this, you'd of thought that it would of speeded things up, not a hope, wasn't untill I e-mailed, a lady fairly high up that I got things moving.

I'd personally ring them to let them know the situation, hopefully get things moving quicker.

good luck, where are you going in nz? we had a brilliant time not the cheapest trip, but definatly worth it.

j.j.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jjthefridge View Post
Hi,

We've just come back from nz, went there to meet employers to get job offer, i told nzqa this, you'd of thought that it would of speeded things up, not a hope, wasn't untill I e-mailed, a lady fairly high up that I got things moving.

I'd personally ring them to let them know the situation, hopefully get things moving quicker.

good luck, where are you going in nz? we had a brilliant time not the cheapest trip, but definatly worth it.

j.j.
We're heading to Auckland, probably living in the 'burbs.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We weren't keen on Auckland, stayed there one night after flight so didn't see the place, i took job in Blenheim.

j.j.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We weren't keen on Auckland, stayed there one night after flight so didn't see the place, i took job in Blenheim.

j.j.
As a place to work I guess I'll have to suck it up because of the pay but plan on living by the sea where its bit more civilized!
Old May 21st 2008, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

A budding Jafa!
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yotty View Post
A budding Jafa!
A Jafa?
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yotty View Post
A budding Jafa!

Just what I thought a totally normal sensible reply, then ???????????

oh well

Good luck with nzqa, keep them on their toes and it'll get sorted.

j.j.
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Just what I thought a totally normal sensible reply, then ???????????

oh well

Good luck with nzqa, keep them on their toes and it'll get sorted.

j.j.
Cheers for PM'd translation j.j and no offence taken Yotty - just the dash for the cash!
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Go for it Rock!
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant future

Can anyone tell me how long it takes them to do a pre-assessment? I emailed it on the 4/5/08 and they still have not taken payment. I have emailed the helpdesk and they have said they have passed it on. This was a week ago.

regards
Old May 25th 2008, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear View Post
Can anyone tell me how long it takes them to do a pre-assessment? I emailed it on the 4/5/08 and they still have not taken payment. I have emailed the helpdesk and they have said they have passed it on. This was a week ago.

regards
Hi

AS IN EARLIER REPLY, They pass it on to be assessed, where it sits in a que, get on the phone and speak to someone, much better than getting an anonimus e-mail, but just wait it'll happen, you can't rush them, unless you contact someone fairly high up in the organisation.

Hope this helps, replax it'll happen in time.

see ya

j.j.
(sorry about spelling)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.