British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZQA? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nzqa-783143/)

Larryloo Jan 9th 2013 4:37 pm

NZQA?

Just wondering if anyone else has had to have their qualifications verified through the NZQA? If so, is it generally a done deal as long as the qualification is real? We're holding off submitting the EOI until we have confirmation. Beginning to wonder if we've applied to the NZQA unnecessarily? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Larryloo. :confused:

eyadinuae Jan 16th 2013 6:00 am

Re: NZQA?

First of all you need to check your Points :
1- If you will submit your EOI with 140 points or more or with job offer that is mean you will be selected directly and then one month to check your EOI and then the next step will be the ITA ( Invitation to apply) , Case officer (CO ) will contact you and give you 4 month to submit your Documents ) - in this case you need to submit your documents to NZQA first and then the EOI when you receive the NZQA report , if your degree not clear as the list of shortage skills you need to get the PAR from NZQA to be sure how many points you earn ..
2- if your EOI claims points of 130 or 135 without job offer but in the list of Shortage skills you need to submit the EOI and in the same time you can send your documents to NZQA because in this case EOI will take months until you will be selected ..
For me I have 130 points without job offer but as a mechanical engineer in the list of the shortage skills m then I submit my EOI in 2 - 1- 2013 because I think I will be selected in next march or April until this time I will collect all my documents ..

Engel Feb 28th 2013 8:24 pm

I paid the extra for a fast turn around and had my results in 12 working days. Make sure you have everything and respond to their emails asap.
I forgot to make certified copies for another agency and the NZQA copied, certified and forwarded them for me with my report to Teaching Council. However, the Teaching Council took 5 weeks to even open the report. All done now and I have my creds and registration.

Persephone Mar 1st 2013 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Larryloo (Post 10473723)
Just wondering if anyone else has had to have their qualifications verified through the NZQA? If so, is it generally a done deal as long as the qualification is real? We're holding off submitting the EOI until we have confirmation. Beginning to wonder if we've applied to the NZQA unnecessarily? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Larryloo. :confused:

Have you checked the List of Recognised Qualifications for your qualification.
If it is on there then it would not need assessing by NZQA. If not, then yes you will need to get it assessed

Just seen that this thread is over a month old-did you get an answer or have you sent in your EOI yet?

MrsFychan Mar 2nd 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by eyadinuae (Post 10485720)
then the next step will be the ITA ( Invitation to apply) , Case officer (CO ) will contact you and give you 4 month to submit your Documents )

I thought you got 3months to submit all your documents ? tried looking on Immigration site but can't find anything :confused:

Persephone Mar 2nd 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10578802)
I thought you got 3months to submit all your documents ? tried looking on Immigration site but can't find anything :confused:

MrsF , you do have 4 months to return your ITA:) It's somewhere on the site....

M_and_M Mar 4th 2013 8:52 pm

This part takes longest (plus teacher reg, if you are a teacher) so you are wise to do it up front.