NZQA

Old Apr 22nd 2011, 12:14 pm
  #1  
Nottingham
Thread Starter
 
josephine123's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: nottingham
Posts: 119
josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZQA

hi guys,

just sent off my NZQA so i am keeping my fingers, toes, legs and anything else in mybody that can be crossed. the wait will be agonising but hopefully worth it in the end.

wish me luck


Last edited by josephine123; Apr 22nd 2011 at 12:17 pm. Reason: more info
josephine123 is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:11 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by josephine123 View Post
hi guys,

just sent off my NZQA so i am keeping my fingers, toes, legs and anything else in mybody that can be crossed. the wait will be agonising but hopefully worth it in the end.

wish me luck

Hi
I clicked the wrong button and noticed you are a social worker. I am too and just going through the nzqa process. How has your experience been so far.
Scousebird is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:29 pm
  #3  
Nottingham
Thread Starter
 
josephine123's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: nottingham
Posts: 119
josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Hi
I clicked the wrong button and noticed you are a social worker. I am too and just going through the nzqa process. How has your experience been so far.
hi there, not bad as bit tedius getting all the info together when did you qualify? when you hoping to go to NZ? and where you hoping to live?

jo
josephine123 is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:47 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by josephine123 View Post
hi there, not bad as bit tedius getting all the info together when did you qualify? when you hoping to go to NZ? and where you hoping to live?

jo
Hi qualified in 2000 just passed the specialist award so managed to shove that in to. My nzqa assessment is complete but I dont know the outcome yet. Planning on early next year to Tauranga. Are you going in as a skilled migrant? I've had loads of problems with NZIS over my quals and the comparability issue. How about you?
Scousebird is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:23 am
  #5  
Nottingham
Thread Starter
 
josephine123's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: nottingham
Posts: 119
josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Hi qualified in 2000 just passed the specialist award so managed to shove that in to. My nzqa assessment is complete but I dont know the outcome yet. Planning on early next year to Tauranga. Are you going in as a skilled migrant? I've had loads of problems with NZIS over my quals and the comparability issue. How about you?
hi there

you should have been fine with the post qual award. i have only done my PQ1 but have a MAsters Degree and like you found it a little tricky as even though a MA is higher than a BA they still wanted the NZQA. And even though i have other training such as P.A.M.s, AIMS, Practice Teaching, ABE they still wanted an assessment which I think it was a way of getting funds which i don't blame them really.

As with you when we qualified we did the DIPSW and the MA and the DIPSW is no longer running but luckily the guy who ran it still works at Salford and he put an amazing letter together but only for him i would have been a little stuffed. i am hoping to get the skilled migrant as i want to go over and then get a job as opposed to the othere way around but if not am willing to get a job beforehand as long as i go i aint bothered.

i am trying to book on some training for FGC co ordinator as during my research have found they conduct FCG as oppposed to ICPC/RCPC. What area of work you looking to go into?

we are hoping to go over in Feb 2012 for 3 weeks but hoping to settle like you in Auckland. we are looking to go over in about two years.

if you go over next year you will be able to come back to me and tell me all the do's and don't's if you don't mind. also, job prospects. it would nice to meet up with someone when we are over there to get some tips n stuff.

where are you working at the moment?
jo

Last edited by josephine123; Apr 28th 2011 at 6:32 am.
josephine123 is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2011, 6:49 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by josephine123 View Post
hi there

you should have been fine with the post qual award. i have only done my PQ1 but have a MAsters Degree and like you found it a little tricky as even though a MA is higher than a BA they still wanted the NZQA. And even though i have other training such as P.A.M.s, AIMS, Practice Teaching, ABE they still wanted an assessment which I think it was a way of getting funds which i don't blame them really.

As with you when we qualified we did the DIPSW and the MA and the DIPSW is no longer running but luckily the guy who ran it still works at Salford and he put an amazing letter together but only for him i would have been a little stuffed. i am hoping to get the skilled migrant as i want to go over and then get a job as opposed to the othere way around but if not am willing to get a job beforehand as long as i go i aint bothered.

i am trying to book on some training for FGC co ordinator as during my research have found they conduct FCG as oppposed to ICPC/RCPC. What area of work you looking to go into?

we are hoping to go over in Feb 2012 for 3 weeks but hoping to settle like you in Auckland. we are looking to go over in about two years.

if you go over next year you will be able to come back to me and tell me all the do's and don't's if you don't mind. also, job prospects. it would nice to meet up with someone when we are over there to get some tips n stuff.

where are you working at the moment?
jo
I will pm you.
Scousebird is offline  
Old May 24th 2011, 7:00 am
  #7  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,055
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA

Update for this.

Scousebird was knocked back again.

I can only now hope that perhaps an Immy Lawyer can argue the NZIS policy for her & win the day..
BEVS is offline  
Old May 24th 2011, 7:47 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Update for this.

Scousebird was knocked back again.

I can only now hope that perhaps an Immy Lawyer can argue the NZIS policy for her & win the day..
Quick update (I will pm those who have me!) spoke with a couple of agents who agree NZIS are being a little bit harsh on me. The agents as nice as they were could only offer a 30% chance of success to continue to debate with NZIS for a handsome price for their services. On the other hand agreed I would have a better chance with a job offer and the price would only be the cost of another EOI which they've encouraged me to do. I'm glad that they were honest with me and did give me an idea to try next - my final attempt to win over NZIS. SWRB are taking this on issue though so future applications maybe successful so fear not! It's just me!!
Scousebird is offline  
Old May 24th 2011, 11:41 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Quick update (I will pm those who have me!) spoke with a couple of agents who agree NZIS are being a little bit harsh on me. The agents as nice as they were could only offer a 30% chance of success to continue to debate with NZIS for a handsome price for their services. On the other hand agreed I would have a better chance with a job offer and the price would only be the cost of another EOI which they've encouraged me to do. I'm glad that they were honest with me and did give me an idea to try next - my final attempt to win over NZIS. SWRB are taking this on issue though so future applications maybe successful so fear not! It's just me!!
Been given one last chance so going to get my assessment reviewed. Then thats it for now.
Scousebird is offline  
Old May 24th 2011, 11:31 pm
  #10  
Finally mesh free!
 
Vitalstatistix's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Gulf Harbour, Whangaparaoa
Posts: 6,547
Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Been given one last chance so going to get my assessment reviewed. Then thats it for now.
Best of luck with that
Vitalstatistix is offline  
Old May 25th 2011, 12:49 am
  #11  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,055
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Been given one last chance so going to get my assessment reviewed. Then thats it for now.
Yes Scousebird. All the very best of luck with that.

Pleased you have found what sounds like a quality agent who has given you sound free advice . Fair play to him. I like his honesty.
BEVS is offline  
Old May 25th 2011, 8:16 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
killercat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Blenheim
Posts: 226
killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by Scousebird View Post
Hi qualified in 2000 just passed the specialist award so managed to shove that in to. My nzqa assessment is complete but I dont know the outcome yet. Planning on early next year to Tauranga. Are you going in as a skilled migrant? I've had loads of problems with NZIS over my quals and the comparability issue. How about you?
Hey Scousebird,
have you looked at using an agency? i used one nd they did all the assesment work and set up interviews for me prior to starting. pls be aware thou the salery here from SW are a lot lower than the uk and there some areas are not re-employing due to budget cuts. There is only one sw agency really but they work closely with CYF and Health i believe they now charge a fee but in my
opinion they were worth every penny as they go further than just arranging the interview. they do the paperwork rearrange your cv to Kiwi style and follow up with you for the next year.
killercat is offline  
Old May 25th 2011, 8:35 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by killercat View Post
Hey Scousebird,
have you looked at using an agency? i used one nd they did all the assesment work and set up interviews for me prior to starting. pls be aware thou the salery here from SW are a lot lower than the uk and there some areas are not re-employing due to budget cuts. There is only one sw agency really but they work closely with CYF and Health i believe they now charge a fee but in my
opinion they were worth every penny as they go further than just arranging the interview. they do the paperwork rearrange your cv to Kiwi style and follow up with you for the next year.
Yes I am aware of them I was in touch with them before they started charging a fee. I'm going to try myself if I don't get anywhere then I will use them - I've battled this far by myself. I'm aware of wages etc to - the way things are here I doubt it will be much different!
Scousebird is offline  
Old May 25th 2011, 9:05 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
killercat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Blenheim
Posts: 226
killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZQA

lol just realised id given you the same info last year, hope your plans have move on now
there are quite a few vacancies on the cyf website at the mo and there always looking for staff at the call centre in grey Lynne.
killercat is offline  
Old May 25th 2011, 12:50 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 250
Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Re: NZQA

Originally Posted by killercat View Post
lol just realised id given you the same info last year, hope your plans have move on now
there are quite a few vacancies on the cyf website at the mo and there always looking for staff at the call centre in grey Lynne.
Still hurdling at the mo but fingers crossed they will move on soon. Thanks for the info.
Scousebird is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.