NZIS contacting employers

Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default NZIS contacting employers

Anyone know when NZIS contact your current employer to check you work there?

Just finishing the EOI but definitely don't want work to know for as long as possible (we're going down the SMC route but because we've got over 140 points without a job we are going to do job hunting next year once baby number 2 is born and we've hopefully got all our residency sorted)
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:20 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZIS contacting employers

Hi
I have put down 2 jobs for my work experience and as far as I know neither have been contacted and I have just had an interview for PR. My current boss would have told me! He does know all about the situation though so I had no worries that he would be contacted.
Sue
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi
I have put down 2 jobs for my work experience and as far as I know neither have been contacted and I have just had an interview for PR. My current boss would have told me! He does know all about the situation though so I had no worries that he would be contacted.
Sue
Thanks Sue - that's reassuring!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:29 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, we were also worrying about that! But like Sue said I don't think they contact the employers at all, at least not at the EOI stage.

We are almost ready to send in our ITA, and have references from past employers, but not from the current one as naturally that would mean having to tell them about it and we don't to yet!

So just to prove the current job is not made up we are sending in the "offer of employment" letter, the contract, and first and last payslips, we believe that's plenty of evidence and I would've thought if they have any questions they would contact you before contacting any employers.

Good luck with your application!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Hi there, we were also worrying about that! But like Sue said I don't think they contact the employers at all, at least not at the EOI stage.

We are almost ready to send in our ITA, and have references from past employers, but not from the current one as naturally that would mean having to tell them about it and we don't to yet!

So just to prove the current job is not made up we are sending in the "offer of employment" letter, the contract, and first and last payslips, we believe that's plenty of evidence and I would've thought if they have any questions they would contact you before contacting any employers.

Good luck with your application!
Thanks Water Lilly. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who get in a stew over these things. Advice re: evidence is great

Good luck with your ITA!