NZ vs Aus assessement

Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

wali007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ vs Aus assessement

Hi

I got positive assessment from EA(engrs australia) , If i apply for NZ immigration , will EA assessment work for me here or do I need to get assessment for NZ assessing body ?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: NZ vs Aus assessement

Originally Posted by wali007
Hi

I got positive assessment from EA(engrs australia) , If i apply for NZ immigration , will EA assessment work for me here or do I need to get assessment for NZ assessing body ?

UUmm.
That ain't much to go on mate. You need to say a wee bit more than that.
Which country did you gain your qualification please.
What occupation would you apply under.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

I got my electrical engineering degree from pakistan, my experience in telecom sector , so applied for telecommunication engineer assessment from Engineers Australia and got positive assessment from them.
now my query is will that assessment work for me in NZ also?

Originally Posted by BEVS
UUmm.
That ain't much to go on mate. You need to say a wee bit more than that.
Which country did you gain your qualification please.
What occupation would you apply under.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:48 am
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the same boat..

We have Skill assessment from Australian Computer Society, and have realized that under new immigration rules (1st July 2011) we will have less chances of securing PR there, hence actively looking for NZ.

Would the ACS assessment ( on ANZSCO code) work for NZ?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

ya , I saw ur ausie posts as well

please keep on sharing updates, if there is way forward

Originally Posted by rif
We are in the same boat..

We have Skill assessment from Australian Computer Society, and have realized that under new immigration rules (1st July 2011) we will have less chances of securing PR there, hence actively looking for NZ.

Would the ACS assessment ( on ANZSCO code) work for NZ?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:39 pm
rif
Forum Regular

rif is an unknown quantity at this point

We had written an e-mail to NZIS and they said, "NO". NZIS only recognizes NZQA assessment for skilled migration purpose.

If your qualifications are not on this list then the only way you can claim points for them is by having them assessed by the New Zealand qualifications authority www.nzqa.govt.nz an Australian assessment will not assist.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:34 pm
`

Originally Posted by rif
We had written an e-mail to NZIS and they said, "NO". NZIS only recognizes NZQA assessment for skilled migration purpose.
Originally Posted by nzis
If your qualifications are not on this list then the only way you can claim points for them is by having them assessed by the New Zealand qualifications authority www.nzqa.govt.nz an Australian assessment will not assist.]
Correct. However, if a full NZQA assessment is required then the ACS assessment would be useful to form part of a full assessment application ,as it would help NZQA with the comparisons..

Rif's qualifications are from Sri Lanka though Wali007 and have seen that his/her degree and the awarding institution appears on the NZIS list of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:58 pm
`

Originally Posted by wali007
I got my electrical engineering degree from pakistan, my experience in telecom sector , so applied for telecommunication engineer assessment from Engineers Australia and got positive assessment from them.
now my query is will that assessment work for me in NZ also?
Ah ! The country of origin was important.

Right then. I'm just going to write as I think and hope it doesn't sound 'off' . If it does sound a touch short , then know it isn't meant that way.
It's with a thought for anyone else looking in so they can see a clear cut answer to this query. I hope it helps.

The short answer is NO.

Simple reason being that Australia is not New Zealand. New Zealand is certainly not Australia. They are two completely separate countries , each with their own independent immigration rules.

So. If you want to come to New Zealand , even though you have been applying to Australia previously, you start all over again.

If your qualification and the university where you gained your qualification is not on the NZIS list of Qualifications Exempt from NZQA assessment, then NZIS will want you to have your qualification assessed.

Pakistan does not appear on the list at this time.

NIZS - New Zealand Immigration Service will require you to have your quals assessed by NZQA - New Zealand Qualification Authority.
NZQA overseas all of the NZ education standards. It is not part of NZ Immigration.

Now then Wali007. There are 2 choices for you.

1 - An NZQA PAR IQA. Fee $138. Only ONE qualification can be assessed per PAR application so I suppose you would go for your highest qualification and hope you get the level you need.

2 - A full NZQA IQA fee $746 I think, where you can include all of your documents, proof of standard , education etc . NZQA will do a module by module check of your information against the degree module for the same NZ degree and assess whether it is comparable or not. They will then issue a level.
with this you could include the ACS if you wished as it may be helpful to NZQA when doing the assessment.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for help

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ah ! The country of origin was important.

Right then. I'm just going to write as I think and hope it doesn't sound 'off' . If it does sound a touch short , then know it isn't meant that way.
It's with a thought for anyone else looking in so they can see a clear cut answer to this query. I hope it helps.

The short answer is NO.

Simple reason being that Australia is not New Zealand. New Zealand is certainly not Australia. They are two completely separate countries , each with their own independent immigration rules.

So. If you want to come to New Zealand , even though you have been applying to Australia previously, you start all over again.

If your qualification and the university where you gained your qualification is not on the NZIS list of Qualifications Exempt from NZQA assessment, then NZIS will want you to have your qualification assessed.

Pakistan does not appear on the list at this time.

NIZS - New Zealand Immigration Service will require you to have your quals assessed by NZQA - New Zealand Qualification Authority.
NZQA overseas all of the NZ education standards. It is not part of NZ Immigration.

Now then Wali007. There are 2 choices for you.

1 - An NZQA PAR IQA. Fee $138. Only ONE qualification can be assessed per PAR application so I suppose you would go for your highest qualification and hope you get the level you need.

2 - A full NZQA IQA fee $746 I think, where you can include all of your documents, proof of standard , education etc . NZQA will do a module by module check of your information against the degree module for the same NZ degree and assess whether it is comparable or not. They will then issue a level.
with this you could include the ACS if you wished as it may be helpful to NZQA when doing the assessment.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:37 am
`

You are welcome.