British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZ Visa Application Consultants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nz-visa-application-consultants-524114/)

PaulWallasey Mar 24th 2008 7:13 pm

NZ Visa Application Consultants

Hi, we're in a quandry about whether to proceed with company called Visa Bureau (plus others including New Life New Zealand or Overseas Emigration) to handle our Skilled Migrant Worker Visa application, especially as we've read that some of these companies can be poor. Any advice or pointers on this issue? Would really like to hear if anyone has used Visa Bureau or others, and if you have any recommendations. We're so keen to get off on the right foot and can't wait to get to NZ in 2009! Paul:D

scottishnomad Mar 24th 2008 7:22 pm

Re: NZ Visa Application Consultants

Originally Posted by PaulWallasey (Post 6105338)
Hi, we're in a quandry about whether to proceed with company called Visa Bureau (plus others including New Life New Zealand or Overseas Emigration) to handle our Skilled Migrant Worker Visa application, especially as we've read that some of these companies can be poor. Any advice or pointers on this issue? Would really like to hear if anyone has used Visa Bureau or others, and if you have any recommendations. We're so keen to get off on the right foot and can't wait to get to NZ in 2009! Paul:D

Hi,

I looked at a company to handle my EOI for me, very expensive for what you get. I decided to submit on my own, help on this forum was very good, so you can always ask questions. Once you have all the info, the EOI is fairly straightforward.

Good Luck

PaulWallasey Mar 24th 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks, appreciate what you say - we're just starting to get the hang of the application process. Paul

happynz Mar 24th 2008 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by PaulWallasey (Post 6105338)

Short form - save your money and do it yourself. The whole process is fairly straightforward.

BEVS Mar 24th 2008 7:53 pm

I would always suggest understanding something of the process yourself first before hiring anyone .
If you are looking to come to New Zealand as a skilled migrant then you would be better served by doing the forms yourself. The process is straightforward & there are people here willing to help. You would save yourself a shed load of money.

Perhaps start off by letting us know what your occupation is and which overseas [UK] qualifications /certificates you have.

Have you thought to have a go at the New Zealand Immigration Service POINTS INDICATOR. (click the blue type to access the link)

Come back and let us know how many points yu scored.

PaulWallasey Mar 24th 2008 8:37 pm

Many thanks for your helpful reply. Got 100 points (on basis that I plan top get NZ registration of my profession as a Clinical Psychologist - I haven a Docotorate in Clinical Psychology. I'll have to apply on my own as I'm 50 but my partner is 57 but is a Social Worker. Cheers.