British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZ Student Visa && Work (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nz-student-visa-work-887100/)

Piraba Nov 7th 2016 8:49 am

NZ Student Visa && Work

Hello My Friends;

Since NZ migration point is increased, I can not apply for PR. I am planning to apply postgraduate study and then get a job after that, as a result, I will claim additional 60 points.

My prime concerns is about the job, is it possible to get an IT(software development) job? I am an Android& IOS developer.

In case, If I don't get the related job, what will happen to my visa after that? can't I apply PR?

Please suggest any way increase the points to 160. my current point is 130.

please share your idea

MrsFychan Nov 7th 2016 5:47 pm

Re: NZ Student Visa && Work

lots depends on if's, no one can tell you if you would get a job after study, you just have to apply and see what happens.
If you get over 160 points you are automatically selected.

Piraba Nov 8th 2016 2:56 am

@MrsFychan thanks for the information. You are correct. All about time and our talent. But curiosity to get to know the job market status for IT

PB65 Nov 10th 2016 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Piraba (Post 12098359)
@MrsFychan thanks for the information. You are correct. All about time and our talent. But curiosity to get to know the job market status for IT

Maybe check out some job sites such as ?
http://nz.indeed.com/

Maybe even visit NZ on a vacation to see directly the job market although almost impossible to predict any job situation at the end of a period of study if that is your plan.

benutzer Dec 23rd 2016 2:47 pm

Many immigrants have been treated badly not only in the job market in New Zealand.

For instance, at Auckland University, an overseas PhD candidate was forced to give up his doctoral study by their Department of Exercise Sciences. Just to live on, he continued applying for jobs with no luck using a CV which was approved by the career centre of the univeristy during his provisional year and he was forced to research dated studies for more than a year. As a consequence, his doctorate proposal which he had written through his poverty and discrimination was rejected by the department.

Many overseas students succumb to hardship even after they graduate - they are made use of by the cunning point-based immigration system with which highly skilled migrants end up in low-skilled, low-paid jobs, which I can only call a scam.

MrsFychan Dec 23rd 2016 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by benutzer (Post 12135506)
Many immigrants have been treated badly not only in the job market in New Zealand.

For instance, at Auckland University, an overseas PhD candidate was forced to give up his doctoral study by their Department of Exercise Sciences. Just to live on, he continued applying for jobs with no luck using a CV which was approved by the career centre of the univeristy during his provisional year and he was forced to research dated studies for more than a year. As a consequence, his doctorate proposal which he had written through his poverty and discrimination was rejected by the department.

why was he forced to give it up? Factual evidence please ...

MrsFychan Dec 23rd 2016 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by benutzer (Post 12135506)
Many overseas students succumb to hardship even after they graduate - they are made use of by the cunning point-based immigration system with which highly skilled migrants end up in low-skilled, low-paid jobs, which I can only call a scam.

If they have the points then they are surely required for work in NZ. NZ immigration is set up to so areas of high demand is covered but does not take away jobs for those with less/different ability.

again fact based evidence please.

Also have you ever lived in NZ??