NZ PR - OZ PR

Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ PR - OZ PR

Hi,

Has anyone on here applied for NZ PR then decided to apply for OZ PR? I did just this, having got NZ PR, but deciding I don't want to go there, but OZ is more appealing.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:26 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ PR - OZ PR

swapping the land of the long white cloud for the land of the lack of water/droughts and bush fires hmmmm no never thought about a swap

george
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Or is it land of the "We're so skint, we haven't got 2 brass farthings to rub toghether"? I can't find work, even though I have PR, not even a sniff of a job.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

But your in the uk, your bound to struggle to find work.
Theres not much more going in OZ, i think you'll find it just as difficult to
find work over there.
We have PR and are here in NZ but we have thought about moving to OZ
in the future.
If your hearts not in it your wasting your time continuing to think about NZ.
Oz has its problems too but maybe its what your looking for.
The worst thing you can do is judge a place from the opinions of others.
If you've not been here i dont think your qualified to make the comments you have.
Good luck.

Last edited by Justcol; Jan 18th 2010 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colandros
But your in the uk, your bound to struggle to find work.
Theres not much more going in OZ, i think you'll find it just as difficult to
find work over there.
We have PR and are here in NZ but we have thought about moving to OZ
in the future.
If your hearts not in it your wasting your time continuing to think about NZ.
Oz has its problems too but maybe its what your looking for.
The worst thing you can do is judge a place from the opinions of others.
If you've not been here i dont think your qualified to make the comments you have.
Good luck.
So I can go there and be broke instead, that sounds like a plan...not. My heart is in it, but my head says no...at the moment.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:27 am

im sorry but i have to say this.

you have PR but you expect a company to give you a job while still in the UK?

err why would they.

its not like you have commited to coming here to try and what is to say that due to that they see you as a 'flight risk'.

as for the land of we are so skint blah blah blah I can tell you this much.

I have been skint big time in the UK ,county courts the lot,feeding the kids and not myself hoping that the iced bun they had they would leave a bit so i could have some.

I can defo say that being poor here for ME is a better option than being in the UK and being so.

On the whole NZ has many floors but again for ME its well worth being here as the plus side of things ,space and people more than make up for it.

id say a move here requiers balls of steel and a REAL commitment to making it work during the first few years, if you want it on a plate then stay put.

george
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

And I am sorry to say this but from posts on this and other forums, the outlook down there ain't good. So I think it is a HUGE gamble to go there with nothing really lined up. I arranged to work in Germany from the U.K. Why can't I do the same in NZ. Anyway I don't want it on a plate, just for some geezer to say there MAY be a chance of a job!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 5:09 pm

fair enuf but germany is 'down the road' in comparison to NZ so being offered a job like that there is different.

Also for every 'negative' there is a 'positive' post so as usefull as the opinions are that is all they are.

I have met people from the uk who landed here with jobs in the bag,'loads' of dollars in the bank and no mortgage who have returned after less than 6 months and conversley others who are still here having landed jobless and without the big dollars.

All the planning will NOT prepare you for coming here. Sure it willl help LOADS but only once here will reality kick in.

Thats when the hard work and commitment really begins and will seperate the wheat from the chaff very quickly.

For us it was a burning desire to come here to try something new and mainly to give the girls a better future.Because of that we will make it work hard and good times alike.

If you are 'playing' with coming here and if you are content in the uk with what you have then dont come.

There is NOTHING' wrong with not wanting to leave the UK.

If it were me I would have flown here alone to try and find work as we REALLY wanted to come here and had I not done so and exhausted EVERY possibility then I couldnt have lived with the 'what ifs'

But thats my situation and reasons and each are different.

george
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

A friend of mine said it would be a KAMIKAZE type step to go somewhere without at least some kind of job prospect lined up. We are not 'playing' with the idea of going to NZ, we had the whole thing planned out, we would be there right NOW if we could be! But I need to know I can PROVIDE for my family, and we can't eat the WHITE CLOUDS however beautiful it is down there. I have spent 1 year applying for jobs, talking to various agencies etc, we are both having a tough time not to book those tickets right now! We don't WANT to be here but going there with no job seems DAUNTING.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:13 am

fair enuf again.

hope you get lucky finding a job from the UK.

Still say that in this unless its a job on the all important lists I reckon you stand a very slim chance of getting a job while in the UK.

Sure nurses teachers and alike might be able to do this but for 'normal' jobs its all about feet on the ground and being here.

All of my jobs got here (and I came over with wife having a midwifery job) were got by walking in to employers and just asking.

would I have even got a look in while in the uk well NO.

Having said all that I fully understand the 'you cant live on the veiws point.

Kamikazi? not sure I can agree with that but each knows there own limitations and level of risk they are prepared to take.

good luck

george
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Perry, when we moved here in Oct I had a job lined up but my OH didn't. Its taken 3 months but he finally got one, this was by talking to anyone and everyone and eventually the DVD repair man mentioned that a friend of his was looking for a sparky and mentioned OH's name! Next thing, a phone call and a job. The impression my Rob got was that the recession has hit harder than most people think. However, he only got that by being here and asking around. It does seem to be easier to find a job if you are here. Can you not come over on a recce and do some legwork? If you are here and able to be interviewed that must be preferable to a prospective employer. Good luck with whatever you decide. Bevissa
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys, for all your thoughts. I am speaking to a fella from NZ soon, so I am still trying to keep the dream alive. It's difficult for us, maybe we will not make it, but I am sure I will stay in touch with the good folks on this forum.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Hi,

Has anyone on here applied for NZ PR then decided to apply for OZ PR? I did just this, having got NZ PR, but deciding I don't want to go there, but OZ is more appealing.
I expect a fair few have PerryGroves. I do & have seen people who post for Immy advice to NZ, OZ and Canada all at the same time. They know they want to try a life overseas but choose to explore several options at the same time. Had we been younger, I would certainly have looked to both NZ and Canada & explored both options. If we were younger, we would consider some time in Oz to see how we felt about that.

Will you come to NZ to activate your NZ PR or have you already done that. I can't remember. You could perhaps come and do that and make it a reccie to secure an offer of work if you can.

I agree with the point that NZ employers prefer to offer work to those already in NZ. Having said that, this is recession and that is an extremely risky thing to do.
TBH, we wouldn't have come here without a job in place first. We did a reccie but back then tradework was booming and there was no recession.

I think for OZ you may need to go the 457 route and that requires an Oz employer as sponsor.

Good luck anyway. I do hope you manage to find an offer of employment
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
I expect a fair few have PerryGroves. I do & have seen people who post for Immy advice to NZ, OZ and Canada all at the same time. They know they want to try a life overseas but choose to explore several options at the same time. Had we been younger, I would certainly have looked to both NZ and Canada & explored both options. If we were younger, we would consider some time in Oz to see how we felt about that.

Will you come to NZ to activate your NZ PR or have you already done that. I can't remember. You could perhaps come and do that and make it a reccie to secure an offer of work if you can.

I agree with the point that NZ employers prefer to offer work to those already in NZ. Having said that, this is recession and that is an extremely risky thing to do.
TBH, we wouldn't have come here without a job in place first. We did a reccie but back then tradework was booming and there was no recession.

I think for OZ you may need to go the 457 route and that requires an Oz employer as sponsor.

Good luck anyway. I do hope you manage to find an offer of employment
I had PR granted last year, I have not made it to NZ yet. I can't afford to do a reccie, so I am trying to sort things out from here. I have spoken with a couple of agencies but I am trying to find out salary info, and if I can make it work.

There is a danger that I will not activate my PR then it will all seem like such a waste of time and effort.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I had PR granted last year, I have not made it to NZ yet. I can't afford to do a reccie, so I am trying to sort things out from here. I have spoken with a couple of agencies but I am trying to find out salary info, and if I can make it work.

There is a danger that I will not activate my PR then it will all seem like such a waste of time and effort.

Shame but I do understand your feelings on this.

Lenmil
is a goldsmith. He basically lost his NZ PR because a job offer fell through and another wasn't forthcoming. He is now living in Tasmania and happy .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.