NZ Police recruiting UK Police Officers

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

igglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really nice
Default NZ Police recruiting UK Police Officers

Hi,

I recently sent in an expression of interest in to the NZ Police international recruitment campaign. I've been successful at first stage! Are there any other applicants out there or members that were successful at the last campaign in 2005?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:08 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: NZ Police recruiting UK Police Officers

I hope you are successful. New Zealand could sure use a few more cops, especially to crack down on the 'boy racers'.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Gwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really nice

Hi igglepiggle,

I've just got through the first part of the recruitment process, and have been told the next stage is an online test...can't wait nervous but excited!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Good luck you two. Hope 2008 brings the good news that you want.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

igglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really niceigglepiggle is just really nice
Smile Re: NZ Police recruiting UK Police Officers

Thanks to you all for your replies. Merry Christmas to you all!
My partner & I are both applying for the NZ Police. we are pretty excited atthe prospect. Great to hear someone else has applied too. Are you from UK as well?

In response to earlier reply, boy racers seem to be a nuisance the world over!!
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gwen.
Hi igglepiggle,

I've just got through the first part of the recruitment process, and have been told the next stage is an online test...can't wait nervous but excited!
Merry Christmas! Are you from a UK Force too? I believe they have had applications from Canada, Netherlands & Norway.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz
I hope you are successful. New Zealand could sure use a few more cops, especially to crack down on the 'boy racers'.
What views do Kiwis have on NZ Police recruiting from the UK? Is it good or bad? I'm interested to hear all views
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Gwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really niceGwen. is just really nice

Hi again, hope you had a fab Xmas,

Yeah, I'm from the UK serving in GMP for the past 6 years, wot force are you from? I'd considered applying to Lothian and Borders at one point.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:18 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by igglepiggle
What views do Kiwis have on NZ Police recruiting from the UK? Is it good or bad? I'm interested to hear all views
The feeling I get is that there doesn't seem to be any negativity towards cops that come from the UK. I have heard that some former UK cops are disappointed with the pay and administration of the New Zealand Police. That's what I have read in the papers anyway.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi again, hope you had a fab Xmas,

Yeah, I'm from the UK serving in GMP for the past 6 years, wot force are you from? I'd considered applying to Lothian and Borders at one point.
We both with Northern Constabulary.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz
The feeling I get is that there doesn't seem to be any negativity towards cops that come from the UK. I have heard that some former UK cops are disappointed with the pay and administration of the New Zealand Police. That's what I have read in the papers anyway.
That's interesting, sounds like the UK right now!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Hi
Good luck with the process. I'm going over to NZ to sit the tests in January. I decided to go over and see the place for myself rather than test over here.
Have you looked at the "policeforum" web site/ discussion forum. It is quite informative but just be careful with what you take on board. There are a lot of opinion based threads that may or may not apply to yourself.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by igglepiggle
We both with Northern Constabulary.
So how's the Police in Scotland? I've heard it's a lot better than the UK...why the move to New Zealand?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JasonSouthYorks
Hi
Good luck with the process. I'm going over to NZ to sit the tests in January. I decided to go over and see the place for myself rather than test over here.
Have you looked at the "policeforum" web site/ discussion forum. It is quite informative but just be careful with what you take on board. There are a lot of opinion based threads that may or may not apply to yourself.
Thanks for that link, I'll check it out. If we didn't have kids we'd be taking a trip over to do tests there too.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

So how's the Police in Scotland? I've heard it's a lot better than the UK...why the move to New Zealand?
Scottish Police is good and seems to be better than English forces (just the general feeling I get from speaking to transferees to my Force). However partner & I have always wanted to emigrate but I wanted to stay in Police and wouldn't have got enough points to emigrate before. We were about to apply on the last campaign, 2 years ago, but new baby came along!! We've been waiting for this latest campaign to come up.

Also in Force we're in we are subject to transfer roughly every 5 years. I could be posted to Shetland next. Which is so remote! I'm fed up shifting my family every few years. we have friends applying for NZ too so hopefully we'll all be off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.