NZ/Oz residency

Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

wholewideworld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ/Oz residency

HELLO!

OK, please can somebody help me! I am moving to Nz (or possibly Oz) on a working holiday visa next year between the two countries I can get 4 years on various WHV's BUT have heard that to apply for residency you should start the process before all this?

Plus does reseidency for one cover me for the other - I don't think it does but some people have told me otherwise.

Sorry to sound clueless but any help on this would be MUCH appreciated.

Also - I would like to get back into work in the charity sector out there - anybody got any pointers on that (was previously a marketer/fundraiser for an int dev charity).

Thanks, thanks and thanks!!

Moi

Last edited by wholewideworld; Jul 12th 2009 at 9:41 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ/Oz residency

Originally Posted by wholewideworld
HELLO!

OK, please can somebody help me! I am moving to Nz (or possibly Oz) on a working holiday visa next year between the two countries I can get 4 years on various WHV's BUT have heard that to apply for residency you should start the process before all this?
If you go on a WHV you will probably end up doing casual work, or no work, and that would mean you won't be eligible for skilled migration for some time.

Why not take a step back, and see if you have a serious chance of qualifying to migrate to either country based on your skills as they are now?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:10 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

As I understand it:-

Permanent Residents of Australia ARE allowed to live and work in New Zealand

but

Permanent Residents of New Zealand ARE NOT allowed to live and work in Australia

Bit one sided, eh !
Old Jul 13th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NakiMan
As I understand it:-

Permanent Residents of Australia ARE allowed to live and work in New Zealand

but

Permanent Residents of New Zealand ARE NOT allowed to live and work in Australia

Bit one sided, eh !
That summary is effectively correct....

Citizens can live and work in either country.

You can apply for residency in either country, but you should look at the points you are likely to get in order to assess your chances of qualifying for residency.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:25 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

There are paid jobs here in Fundraising

http://www.careerjet.co.nz/fundraisi...and-34579.html

Just googled it and found these ( although I think the first 0 might be the same job!!)