Nz Iqa documents: teacher

Old Sep 1st 2015, 8:12 am
Just Joined

sarahc206 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nz Iqa documents: teacher

Hi all

I'm in the process of gathering all my docs together to send to the IQA in reference to my degree and teaching qualifications. Does anyone know if:

They need a certified copy of both my passport and birth certificate?
If they require a written reference from past employers or will a payslip/other official document do?
They will accept printed copies of my QTS and NQT completion as the national college for teaching and leadership does not issue hard copies of these.

I have tried emailing the nzqa about this but have yet to get a reply: does anyone know if I can email them directly rather than just using their online for?

Thank you in advance for any/all answers you can give!

Sarah
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nz Iqa documents: teacher

For IQA they ask for a certified copy of the ID page of an identity document which could be a passport or driving license. They do not ask for a birth certificate. If you have had a name change - e.g due to marriage they'll need a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

NZQA do not ask for past employment details and they do not assess skills or experience, only qualifications, however, providing a full account of you past and current employment including roles, responsibilities, job titles etc has been known to greatly benefit the process.

All documents associated with your qualifications should be original.

Documents required for an International Qualification Assessment ยป NZQA
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much escapedtonz. That's been really helpful. Just have to get the right courier now with the appropriate insurance! Hope all the certificates don't all get lost!
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Sorry to ask another question of you but they state of the list that they need a certified copy of "Complete official academic syllabus / curriculum". What is this referring to? Thanks again. Sarah