NZ Immigration Process

Old Nov 28th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Immigration Process

Hi Guys
I hope some one can explain the following to me about NZ immigration process as a friend who is an electrical engineer applied for nomination, was nomonated and invited to apply as a skilled independent.
Now what is the visa he will get, a visa officer is allocated and his application is now being processed in london office. Well he be getting PR visa and what does that entitle him for.
He is looking to pursue higher education, will he have to pay fees as an international student or will he pay as a citizen.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Immigration Process

I'm assuming you mean he is applying as a Skilled Migrant?? If this is the case then he may gain PR or he may gain a temporary visa called 'Work to Residence'
Of course he may be applying for a different visa...
I would direct your friend to the NZIS website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
If you are asking on behalf of your friend and he doesn't know what his application entitles him to when in NZ or what type of visa he may be granted then I assume he is using an agent as if he is doing it by himself then he should know already know. In which case he should go back to them and ask for more information-that's what he's paying them for!