NZ immigration problem

Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nz Immigration - accounting

I have my Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in finance from Canada. I graduated last year but have no luck finding anything.. I am interested in accounting positions in NZ and thus am seeking the immigration help..

With my situation what is the fastest way to get immigration and am I eligible.. I can get my masters as well, if reQuired..

Thanks

I have my Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in finance from Canada. I graduated last year but have no luck finding anything.. I am interested in accounting positions in NZ and thus am seeking the immigration help..

With my situation what is the fastest way to get immigration and am I eligible.. Should I apply for jobs from here or what are my options.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 14th 2010 at 8:48 am. Reason: the third same thread started.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ immigration problem

How Sharaik...How old are you? Depending on where you're from you could be eligible for a working holiday visa...
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply.. I am in canada at the moment and am 25. Do you have any idea on the job situation in NZ for accountants.. I just got my degree, how can i enhance my chances for immigration to the Kiwi land?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a clue I'm afraid so just bumping this for you
Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nzica.com//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home1

Give them a call.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

bump. The OP started another exact same thread so maybe is looking for more answers or something.

In my honest opinion the link Luke and Jo gave is the first port of call.

Contact NZ ICA
Old Feb 11th 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

I did contact them but they just told me about the courses and experience req. What I need is if someone can guide me with list of options I have for immigration to nz. I have applied to positions also but just getting rejections.. Ny help is highly appreciated..pls
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Hi - immigration options will probably be linked to a job and most likely in Auckland. The other cities are more risk averse in employing immigrant accountants. Do you have any work experience in auditing, or any progress towards a professional accounting qualification? A degree on its own is not likely to be enough.

Otherwise the previous suggestion of a working holiday and trying to get accounting work experience here is the best advice for someone of your age.

Alison