NZ Immigration beginner

Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Immigration beginner

Hi,

i am new to NZ immigration. can anyone pls guide me where i have to start ?

Thanks.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Immigration beginner

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:07 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

For starters, you need to calculate your points and lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI).

Once that is selected (in a min of 2 wks and a max of upto 6 mths), you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). This will be sent to you in about 3-4 weeks after you get selected in the ITA.

To start the first step of EOI, you need to calculate points. For a start, go to the immigration site and lodge a draft EOI. Create one and fill it in. Do not submit it, just fill it in.

You will need a minimum of 2 years work experience post-qualificaton in a field that NZ need on their skills shortages.

You get bonus points if your qualification is long-term skills shortage and if your work experience is also a long-term skill needed by NZ.

For the qualification, you need to get an International Qualification assessment (IQA) that will take upto 20 (days fast track) and 35 days if not fast tracked. Lodge a prelim first (which gives results of which level of qualifcation you are at eg. 7 or above.

You will need that if your university or country is not exempt from providing the IQA.

Cost wise, you spend about 1550 NZ (see the site for fees) for the main PR application, 440 or so NZ for the EOI, and around 700+ for the IQA (if fast tracked). You can check.

A catch in the IQA is that they require your university to provide a verification of your qualification. Your uni/institution will charge a fee for this. This can delay the IQA so be sure to check and request all communication in email.

NZ is quite efficient. You should be able to get a PR (based on your points minimum of 100 required) within IQA (6 weeks), Pre-lim IQA (2 weeks), EOI (selection in about 2-6 weeks at best), and PR in about 3-9 mths.

If you can calculate your points and its 110 (with you having bonus points for qualification and work experience in the Long-Term Skills list), your chances are pretty good. Anything less can from 100 above will be good if you have a job offer or so in a field they need.

If you have 4 years or more work experience you can get 115 points or so and have a much better chance of selection.

If you calculate to 110 or more as I have stated, then you start the NZ immigration process. Work experience is calculated pro-rata. That means that NZ will see all the months of your work and require 30 hours per week. So divide into 30 hour slots to know your FINAL work experience.

Well, that was comprehensive, but it will help you to understand better. Reading the site takes time and migration agents can be expensive for you.

If you want to consult a migration agent, goto NZ Immagine. Not that good, but they will do ok to calculate your points.

Originally Posted by Ahmed_2010
Hi,

i am new to NZ immigration. can anyone pls guide me where i have to start ?

Thanks.

Last edited by robbyarg; Feb 1st 2011 at 8:12 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks robbyarg.. really great help ..much appreciated..

i have calculated my points = 130..it is enough for EOI ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by robbyarg

If you want to consult a migration agent, goto NZ Immagine. Not that good, but they will do ok to calculate your points.

Question. Why on earth would you guide someone to an agent that isn't any good by your own admission, when there is a perfectly good points indicator on the official NZIS website. Somewhat irresponsible don't you think.