British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZ immig requirments...Job offer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nz-immig-requirments-job-offer-569952/)

fahadkhan389 Oct 29th 2008 5:34 am

NZ immig requirments...Job offer?

Hi freinds,

I wana know abt the core NZ skilled immigration requirement so that i can evaluate myself to apply for this.i m afraid if there r any hidden requirements that might stop me later on to complete this process.plz let me know all the core requirements to get me there from very early stage to the final stage.

Note:i m outside newzealand and living in high risk country
i have following queries in my mind:plz answer

1)Is there any job offer requirements from NZ to be there finally?
2)Is there any financial back required at the end of the immigration process..if yes then how much?
3)How much time will it take to complete the whole process?

i will come with more queries later on..thanx in advance

Regards,

Fahad

getmethere Oct 29th 2008 3:18 pm

Re: NZ immig requirments...Job offer?

Hello

I can't answer all your questions but I don't think there is a job offer requirement. As far as I know you can apply for skilled migrant route if you meet the points levels even if you don't have a job. You might not get straight out PR though, you may be offered Work to Residence first which means you have a limited time to get to NZ and look for a job first and prove that you can settle.

Hope someone else will come along and answer your other questions soon

ssesh1 Nov 8th 2008 6:14 am

Originally Posted by getmethere (Post 6922029)
Hello

I can't answer all your questions but I don't think there is a job offer requirement. As far as I know you can apply for skilled migrant route if you meet the points levels even if you don't have a job. You might not get straight out PR though, you may be offered Work to Residence first which means you have a limited time to get to NZ and look for a job first and prove that you can settle.

Hope someone else will come along and answer your other questions soon

According to me, as per the process, On has to submit an EOI under the skilled migrant category, The EOI is screened and then if the NZIS send you a invitation to apply, at this time you need the offer letter, as the Work permit is not issued without the Offer letter. No information is given on the timeline after the Invitation... as to till when the invitation would be valid... In this case there might be a catch 22 situation as the Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' whereas the NZIS says "One may not apply without the offer letter." Buddy, FYI, I'm also trying to find out some information for a breakthro'...
Have a great day...

fahadkhan389 Nov 8th 2008 6:39 am

Originally Posted by ssesh1 (Post 6952284)
According to me, as per the process, On has to submit an EOI under the skilled migrant category, The EOI is screened and then if the NZIS send you a invitation to apply, at this time you need the offer letter, as the Work permit is not issued without the Offer letter. No information is given on the timeline after the Invitation... as to till when the invitation would be valid... In this case there might be a catch 22 situation as the Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' whereas the NZIS says "One may not apply without the offer letter." Buddy, FYI, I'm also trying to find out some information for a breakthro'...
Have a great day...

In this case there might be a catch 22 situation as the Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' whereas the NZIS says "One may not apply without the offer letter....

Both statements showing dependency to each other...how can i get a offer letter when...Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' and without offer letter i cant apply for NZ immigration:(

ssesh1 Nov 12th 2008 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389 (Post 6952305)
In this case there might be a catch 22 situation as the Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' whereas the NZIS says "One may not apply without the offer letter....

Both statements showing dependency to each other...how can i get a offer letter when...Employers specify that "Only people with right to work in NZ may apply' and without offer letter i cant apply for NZ immigration:(

Its designed in such a way that there are less immgrants.... Anyways a immigration advisor would be in a better position to advise... checkout the site <http://www.nzemigrate.co.nz/> some information in it... do not know how reliable is it...