British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZ Imm for Pakistanis with 2 yearrs bachelor and 2 years masters degree? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nz-imm-pakistanis-2-yearrs-bachelor-2-years-masters-degree-767936/)

saus Aug 11th 2012 8:55 am

NZ Imm for Pakistanis with 2 yearrs bachelor and 2 years masters degree?

Just to get some info before going full throtle to EOI and PAR and I am sure there will be thousands like me who are in wonderland:

I've scored total of 145 and looks like an automatic EOI selection for apply, however I feel followings may become hinderence in the overall process of immigration.

Brief:

2 years B.Sc. major in maths & physics
2 years masters degree in computer science .

Questions:
Will I get band 7 in PAR?
Will I be through to International qualification assessment later on?
Is it worth going for New Zealand Immigration with above info?

Note: Anyone can answer this, HOWEVER
I am from Pakistan and would like to get an answer from any one who has gone through this process having more or less the same specs.

Thanking you in an anticipation.

citybanklondon Aug 11th 2012 10:28 am

Re: NZ Imm for Pakistanis with 2 yearrs bachelor and 2 years masters degree?

My guess is you will get Level 6 in PAR but why not apply for NZQA assessment as you will need to submit that to NZIS and then you will know where you stand?

haideeali Aug 14th 2012 9:50 am

Hi Saus,
I am having same education from Pakistan. I did my PAR and got 7 in that. I have 7 Years of working experience.

I have received an ITA and already applied for IQA.
I believe if you score 145 points you should for it .

Regards.

Originally Posted by saus (Post 10221469)
Just to get some info before going full throtle to EOI and PAR and I am sure there will be thousands like me who are in wonderland:

I've scored total of 145 and looks like an automatic EOI selection for apply, however I feel followings may become hinderence in the overall process of immigration.

Brief:

2 years B.Sc. major in maths & physics
2 years masters degree in computer science .

Questions:
Will I get band 7 in PAR?
Will I be through to International qualification assessment later on?
Is it worth going for New Zealand Immigration with above info?

Note: Anyone can answer this, HOWEVER
I am from Pakistan and would like to get an answer from any one who has gone through this process having more or less the same specs.

Thanking you in an anticipation.

bob02 Aug 22nd 2012 12:52 am

Originally Posted by haideeali (Post 10226577)
Hi Saus,
I am having same education from Pakistan. I did my PAR and got 7 in that. I have 7 Years of working experience.

I have received an ITA and already applied for IQA.
I believe if you score 145 points you should for it .

Regards.

My case is a bit different.
I'm from Karachi, Pakistan

I've done 2 yrs B.com (private) then
2 yrs M.com (regular,full time)

Do my qualification qualify for an accountant, 221111 Accountant (General), post?

is private education accepted in New Zealand immigration? what about poor/good grades?

citybanklondon Aug 22nd 2012 4:02 am

My advice is to get a NZQA assessment done before spending any money on immigration fees get the NZQA done so you know where you stand in relation to the job field on the basis of which you are applying.

bob02 Aug 22nd 2012 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by citybanklondon (Post 10239627)
My advice is to get a NZQA assessment done before spending any money on immigration fees get the NZQA done so you know where you stand in relation to the job field on the basis of which you are applying.

Sounds logical...how much will that cost?

citybanklondon Aug 23rd 2012 3:48 am

google NZQA and download the form and the fee info is on the same form, I believe 3 years ago I paid $495 but I cannot remember precisely, so could be about 550$ now, but check on their website.

BEVS Aug 23rd 2012 3:54 am

A pre-assessment is $138
A full assessment sets you back $746

Link to the NZQA international assessment page
which guides you to the forms and fees.

citybanklondon Aug 23rd 2012 7:11 am

Rip off - complete rip off.......

BEVS Aug 23rd 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by citybanklondon (Post 10241909)
Rip off - complete rip off.......

but oh so necessary for some.

bob02 Aug 23rd 2012 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by citybanklondon (Post 10241714)
google NZQA and download the form and the fee info is on the same form, I believe 3 years ago I paid $495 but I cannot remember precisely, so could be about 550$ now, but check on their website.

I'll check it..there are other factors as well like quality of grades earned in academics...my perception!:confused:
But my basic question is still there...do they accept 2yrs graduation+2 yrs masters as equivalent to there masters?

sweethina99 Sep 10th 2012 4:39 am

hi haideali

i m from pakistan too.can u inbox me ur contact no. plz so that i can contact you wth regards to nz immigration.

samkh Oct 3rd 2012 2:11 pm

Education and Experience

Hello,

My name is Sameer and I live in Pakistan. I am an IT professional and have been doing job in IT Industry since last 10 Years. I am really interesting in moving to New Zealand as an immigrant. I have sixteen years of Education (2 Years Graduation + 2 Years Masters). Just one question I have, I did my graduation (2 years Program) before 12 Years but I completed my masters in an Year ago i.e. in Sept 2011.
Now, most of the immigration consultants told me that you should have at least four years of professional experience after your masters however I have a full time ten (10) years professional experience. In this case, can I apply for the immigration? Following are the experience details:

1. Full Time Professional Experience = 10 Years
2. Full Time Professional Experience (after Masters) = 1 Year.

Please let me know. I also did IELTS (6.5 overall score). Please help me out and guide me correctly.

Best Regards
Sameer

afmamoon Oct 8th 2012 2:44 am

Originally Posted by bob02 (Post 10243316)
I'll check it..there are other factors as well like quality of grades earned in academics...my perception!:confused:
But my basic question is still there...do they accept 2yrs graduation+2 yrs masters as equivalent to there masters?

Hi,

Grades doesn't matter. They will assess your qualification on the basis of your transcript and they are not mixing your degrees to make one degree. e.g. they will access your 2 years of bachelor separately and 2 years of masters separately. 2 Years of education = 240 Credits and I am afraid that they might not be having such a degree in their country as they will access your degree in comparison to those taught in their country.

Go to www.nzqa.govt.nz and then search for qualifications in your field and see if you can find any qualification such as yours with 240 credits. And if you manage to find one then the Level of the qualification should be 7 and if all is set then you are also set to go. :-)

afmamoon Oct 8th 2012 2:45 am

Originally Posted by sweethina99 (Post 10272622)
hi haideali

i m from pakistan too.can u inbox me ur contact no. plz so that i can contact you wth regards to nz immigration.

What do you wanna ask about ?

Regards,

Fraz