British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NZ EOI Points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nz-eoi-points-789301/)

Duddu Mar 4th 2013 12:29 am

NZ EOI Points

Hello Experts, I'm about to applying EOI. but I'm confused that I can get selected or they gonna Issue Direct PR or any other visas instead of that:

Education: Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication (Engineering 4 Years) India

Experience: 2 years of IT field ( 1 year part time Consultant, 1 year Full time Consultant) India

Age:26 Offer of Employment In NZ : Yes I've got the NZ Employment offer that is IT field.

But How many points did i reach Approx and Can I get direct PR or they can give any working visa if i reach points in EOI.
->Can you please tell me exact procedure and How long it will take to the process and If they need any document from previous EXP what documents Can I show them..?
->What they required Document or Offer Letter from NZ Employer If I put Employment Offer..
->Can I get PR easily and Do I need to do any assessment for my Studies or Work Exp.

northeastlad Mar 4th 2013 1:06 pm

Re: NZ EOI Points

Hi there!

I'm not expert in this field, so I probably can't help you all that much. Nevertheless, let me offer you a friendly hello and welcome to British Expats!

Have you tried adding up your points total in this thread? That may give you some idea, at least, of what area of points you will have?

EDIT: I don't think you will get PR straight away. You'll be on a working visa for at least two years. What kind of visa, though, I'm not entirely sure but it seems you'd be looking at getting in via SMC.

Persephone Mar 4th 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by northeastlad (Post 10582326)
EDIT: I don't think you will get PR straight away. You'll be on a working visa for at least two years. What kind of visa, though, I'm not entirely sure but it seems you'd be looking at getting in via SMC.

Sorry NElad but I'm going to correct you on this:p

If you apply under the SMC you apply via an EOI and it goes on points. This is an application for residency only. Under certain circumstances a separate Jobsearch Visa may be issued which is a work visa but it's best to consider it as different to a normal work visa or WTR visa. [this Jobsearch visa did used to be called WTR but this has now changed as it was very confusing!!!]
Applications via the SMC can [and often do] lead to residency straight away, even if you don't have a job offer. I got residency straight off without a job offer, all depends on your points total and makeup:)

The 2y working visa you mentioned is the WTR visa- completely separate way of applying and different conditions apply.

Persephone Mar 4th 2013 3:55 pm

Firstly I am no expert!

Have you submitted an EOI yet? It reads as if you do have a NZ job offer in place, if so when does the job start? Residency under the SMC can take months...

An EOI is the starting point if you want to apply for residency in NZ straight off. You need 100pts or over to submit this form, submitting the form does not guarantee selection though. Have a look at the History of Selection Points to see what is being selected at the moment.
Once selected NZIS assess your points and if they look correct or plausible then they send out an ITA [Invitation to Apply]. You then return this along with the documents proving that you actually are eligible for the points you claimed for.

Once they receive this info then there are only three possible outcomes:
- residency is granted, if you have a job offer then conditions apply to your residency and you must stay in this job for at least 3m. If no job offer was included in the application then you have no conditions on your residency.
-jobsearch visa is issued, this is a work visa that can be converted straight to residency if the conditions are filled. This lasts for 9 or 12months, I can't remember which.
-the application is declined

Duddu-some things to consider:
Have you checked whether your degree is recognised by NZQA? You will need to get it assessed if not as this will need to be sent in with an ITA.
What about proof of English Language ability? You will probably have to sit IELTS.
You say your first year of work was part time- was this >30 hours per week. If not then it will not count as a full year of work experience, it will be worked out as a ratio. E.g. if you work 15h pw then this works out as half a year of work experience. You need two years of work experience to get any points for this
Is your job or job offer on the Long term skills shortage list?

Documents needed for work experience: contract, signed letter from employer, payslips and anything else you can gather to prove it!

If you haven't filled in an EOI then do this first. It will add up your points as you go along. You do not need to submit it, you can save it and finish it later but it will give you a better idea of what is needed and how many points you have.

Duddu Mar 4th 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you all for your valuable time and reply.

I'm about applying Skilled Migrant category. (SMC)

When I have looked at my points I'm getting 150 Points including Job offer.

Coming to English Language Ability I'm providing that I was studied 4 Years Degree Entirely English medium. Is that Enough proof for the processing or Do I need to write IELTS exam.?

In my Criteria I'm getting points:

Education 50 points
Job offer: 50 points
Work Exp : 10 points (If they Consider my 2 yrs work Exp)
Absolute skilled shortage list: 10 points I think in Education and Job Offer also comes under Future growth area. I'm not sure which one they consider.

Can you tell me based on those points I can get it residency or working visa.?

I filled application form for EOI but I was confused about points and etc.

Is there any possible that I can talk to the NZ Employer that EOI taking long time so Can I extend Job offer joining date..?

Thank you all again.

northeastlad Mar 5th 2013 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10582673)
Sorry NElad but I'm going to correct you on this:p

If you apply under the SMC you apply via an EOI and it goes on points. This is an application for residency only. Under certain circumstances a separate Jobsearch Visa may be issued which is a work visa but it's best to consider it as different to a normal work visa or WTR visa. [this Jobsearch visa did used to be called WTR but this has now changed as it was very confusing!!!]
Applications via the SMC can [and often do] lead to residency straight away, even if you don't have a job offer. I got residency straight off without a job offer, all depends on your points total and makeup:)

The 2y working visa you mentioned is the WTR visa- completely separate way of applying and different conditions apply.

Ah! :lol: I need to get more informed methinks! Next time, I'll just give a quick hello and leave those more in the know to give the advice! :p I probably just confused that whole matter!

Persephone Mar 5th 2013 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by northeastlad (Post 10584743)
Ah! :lol: I need to get more informed methinks! Next time, I'll just give a quick hello and leave those more in the know to give the advice! :p I probably just confused that whole matter!

:rofl::rofl:No problem. Usually someone will come along and slap your wrist if you get it wrong:p

Persephone Mar 5th 2013 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Duddu (Post 10582851)
Thank you all for your valuable time and reply.

I'm about applying Skilled Migrant category. (SMC)

When I have looked at my points I'm getting 150 Points including Job offer.

Coming to English Language Ability I'm providing that I was studied 4 Years Degree Entirely English medium. Is that Enough proof for the processing or Do I need to write IELTS exam.?
It should be but NZIS do reserve the right to request an IELTS result. Have you checked whether your degree needs assessing yet?
In my Criteria I'm getting points:

Education 50 points
Job offer: 50 points
Work Exp : 10 points (If they Consider my 2 yrs work Exp)It depends on how part time you were
Absolute skilled shortage list: 10 points I think in Education and Job Offer also comes under Future growth area. I'm not sure which one they consider.
To claim points for a qualification on the LTSSL you also need a minimum amount of work experience. A quick look shows that it is often three years
Can you tell me based on those points I can get it residency or working visa.?
You will probably residency as you have a job offer in place but I cannot say for certain, sometimes those with job offers do get the jobsearch visa
I filled application form for EOI but I was confused about points and etc.
It looks like you have at least 130pts and that should get you selected given that you have a job offer
Is there any possible that I can talk to the NZ Employer that EOI taking long time so Can I extend Job offer joining date..?
You can ask. If they cannot do this then the other option is to apply for a work or WTR visa to get you started working. You can apply for more than one visa at once
Thank you all again.

Duddu Mar 5th 2013 11:00 pm

Persephone :goodpost: :: Thanks a lot for your reply.

My Degree is recognised by NZQA so no need to assess.

->Suppose If put 2 years of Exp in IT in EOI. If my EOI got selected If the case Officer ask anything like you have only 1 year part time and 1 year full time exp so your not eligible for gain points in Exp. If I make mistake in EOI they will consider my file or they reject the EOI.?

->Suppose If I got WTR visa or Work Visa instead of PR How long It will take to get the PR.? ((It takes 1 or 2 year :ohmy: ))

-> NZ Employment start in End of the April. If I start my EOI now, Is that time enough to get PR or anything.?

Too many questions I'm asking Sorry and thanks in advance these are last.

BEVS Mar 6th 2013 12:52 am

Originally Posted by northeastlad (Post 10584743)
Ah! I need to get more informed methinks! Next time, I'll just give a quick hello and leave those more in the know to give the advice! I probably just confused that whole matter!

Please do come in and help Northeastlad. The more the merrier & it's great when someone wants to spend the time to help. :thumbup: The more you do , the more you get the hang of it.
Karma to you & look forward to seeing you in here.

Persephone Mar 6th 2013 7:54 pm

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Originally Posted by Duddu (Post 10586095)
Persephone :goodpost: :: Thanks a lot for your reply.

My Degree is recognised by NZQA so no need to assess.

->Suppose If put 2 years of Exp in IT in EOI. If my EOI got selected If the case Officer ask anything like you have only 1 year part time and 1 year full time exp so your not eligible for gain points in Exp. If I make mistake in EOI they will consider my file or they reject the EOI.?

They will consider your file if you make a mistake. If you would have been selected with fewer points anyway then I can't see any reason why they wouldn't continue with the application. They will contact you with any queries they want to check up on. The part time work issue may only come up when you return your ITA as that is when they receive all the documents.

->Suppose If I got WTR visa or Work Visa instead of PR How long It will take to get the PR.? ((It takes 1 or 2 year :ohmy: ))

You can let the SMC application run and get a work or WTR visa to tide you over so you can start work. I think your job is on the LTSSL. With a WTR visa you have to work for two years before you can convert this to residency, a work visa has no direct route to residency. You can then start work and let the SMC route happen when it happens!

-> NZ Employment start in End of the April. If I start my EOI now, Is that time enough to get PR or anything.?

Might be, might not. No one will be able to answer that as all cases are different. Have a look at the processing times for the branch you're applying to-they are under 'contact us' on the website

Too many questions I'm asking Sorry and thanks in advance these are last.

Best to ask!!:)

Duddu Mar 6th 2013 9:50 pm

Hello Persephone suppose if i apply SMC EOI what chances of visas are getting for example if I got PR how many months i can work with the employer.?
->Suppose if I got work visa how many months can I work and get the PR
Wtr visa also how many months

If I have to work for 2 years then eligible for PR omg its too long..

Coz I heard that if I Dont get PR they provide work visa and have to work with the employer for 1 year then only eligible for PR.

Can you please clarify me. These questions.

northeastlad Mar 7th 2013 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10584969)
:rofl::rofl:No problem. Usually someone will come along and slap your wrist if you get it wrong:p

*Must do better!* :p

@BEVS: Thanks! I'll try help out when I can, and hopefully the more I learn, the more it'll help me in turn! :starsmile:

Persephone Mar 7th 2013 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by northeastlad (Post 10589693)
*Must do better!* :p

@BEVS: Thanks! I'll try help out when I can, and hopefully the more I learn, the more it'll help me in turn! :starsmile:

Very true! Knowing how the immigration system works will help you in future in terms of how to proceed with visas/residency etc. It is actually fairly simple, there are not many visa options available in reality:)
All help welcomed!

Persephone Mar 7th 2013 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Duddu (Post 10588319)
Hello Persephone suppose if i apply SMC EOI what chances of visas are getting for example if I got PR how many months i can work with the employer.?
->Suppose if I got work visa how many months can I work and get the PR
Wtr visa also how many months

If I have to work for 2 years then eligible for PR omg its too long..

Coz I heard that if I Dont get PR they provide work visa and have to work with the employer for 1 year then only eligible for PR.

Can you please clarify me. These questions.

If you get residency under the SMC due to points gained from a job offer then you must start the job within 3 months of your entry into NZ [if done from outside NZ obviously!]. Once you have worked in this job for 3months then you can apply for the conditions to be removed and you will have residency without conditions. You can stay with this employer for life if you wish!
Residency gained without a job offer does not have any conditions attached [travel conditions are a separate matter]

A WTR visa is different and yes you have to have worked for two years before you can convert this to residency. As I said above, you can also apply under the SMC at the same time and get residency this way if you want it without having to wait two years.
A work visa is issued for 1 yr and up and does not have a route to residency so you would still have to apply under the SMC if you wanted residency.

Your issue is whether you will get a visa in time to start work. The SMC may be fine but it may not and you don't have a lot of time. You can apply for this and let this run in the background and apply for a WTR or work visa to allow you to start work. That way you still get residency but can also start work on time:) Have you looked at the processing times yet?

If you apply under the SMC and don't get residency you can be offered a job search visa instead-it's unlikely with a job offer though. I think that you have to work for three months and can then convert to residency with this but I'm not exactly sure. It is not a year though