NZ Citizenship by Grant-process time

Old May 3rd 2020, 3:20 am
Just Joined

skitex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Citizenship by Grant-process time

Kia ora,
I am just about to finish my 5yrs period of presence in NZ on resident visa and I am going to apply for my citizenship. As INZ shows on their websites process time is 5-10months after receiving an application and all documents. So I am just wondering if is anybody here who got it in shorter time than those shown months?

cheers.

Regards Tom
Old May 4th 2020, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ Citizenship by Grant-process time

Hi I applied for my citizenship in October 2019, received a letter February 2020 saying my citizenship was accepted and would be contacted in the next 3-5 months about a ceremony whereby my citizenship would become official. I have now been notified that due to covid-19 there will be no officiating ceremonies and my citizenship certificate will be couriered to me in the next 2 months. The application itself was very straightforward and I received my documents back 2 days after submitting my application.
Old May 4th 2020, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Skiwi
Hi I applied for my citizenship in October 2019, received a letter February 2020 saying my citizenship was accepted and would be contacted in the next 3-5 months about a ceremony whereby my citizenship would become official. I have now been notified that due to covid-19 there will be no officiating ceremonies and my citizenship certificate will be couriered to me in the next 2 months. The application itself was very straightforward and I received my documents back 2 days after submitting my application.
Awesome. Thank you very much for your experience. Appreciated.
If I may ask one more question, did you have to provide any evidence that NZ is really your new home and you intend to live here (like anything like tenant agreement, car ownership papers etc). Honestly I still don’t know if I have to prepare something anything for this point of those terms to have application completely prepared for submiting.

cheers.

Tom
Old May 4th 2020, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, it was very simple - I filled in the application form which was only a couple of pages and only evidence needed was my passport with permanent residence permit in it, a certified passport sized photo and birth certificate.
Good luck
Old Feb 11th 2021, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tom, I suppose you've got citizenship now? How long did it take?
Old May 25th 2021, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by allyokay
Hi Tom, I suppose you've got citizenship now? How long did it take?

Hi there, I had to way aprox. 6-7months till the first contact of INZ officer and then it another 2-3weeks till I received my citizenship certificate (coz ceremonies at that time were suspended).