NZ 1146

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

samboka1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ 1146

hi

we have nearly completed allour paperwork for our 2 year work visa, My partner will be the main visa app and I will be applying under 1198 partner application.

We have discovered we also need to complete NZ 1146 to prove our relashionship. We have been together for 3.5 years and have a baby on the way, however we dont have any proof of our relashionship through bills as its my house and all bills are in my name, we do have our passports with holiday visa stamps were we have been so we can bring them. We were also thinking of getting our parents to write letters to confirm our relashionship.
Can anyone else recomend evidance that we could take with us.

Thanks

sam
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:27 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ 1146

not sure if its the same for your visa but when we proved relationship we provided our marriage certificate, party, wedding invites, holiday bookings, photo's of us together as a family, skype messages, emails, council tax to show we lived at the same address over a number of years.
anything and everything that links you together
Old Jul 4th 2013, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

We had a similar problem to solve.

We simply gathered any documentation that was addressed and dated individually, bank and credit card statements are ideal for this. As well as council tax stuff and getting your doctors surgery to confirm in writing how long you'd been at the practice and the address that you were registerd to is good.

It doesn't really matter that statement aren't in both your names so long as the dates of the statements along with the addresses tally.

I could be wrong but the parent letter writing wont make much difference, you be better off providing visual proof as per MrsFychan, although you'll need to qualify when these were taken.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

We had been together since 2005 and provided Immigration with everything we could to prove our relationship.
Holiday booking emails, travel tickets, any statement or bill that proved we both lived at the same address, wedding invites, party invites, photo's of us together throughout our relationship. Tickets and booking info of our engagement trip to Belgium to hand pick a diamond and have the engagement ring hand made. Then in 2008 we were married so we provided all our booking info for different parts of the wedding.....the church, the castle reception, the hotel booking, the photographer, wedding stationary, honeymoon booking, tickets, photographs, pictures of our first child.
The more you can provide the better.
I wouldn't bother with family letters. A letter from a GP or solicitor etc - someone with a professional status may work much better.

Cheers