NZ$3000 = PR Application cost

Old Aug 16th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ$3000 = PR Application cost

Have just totted up cost of applying for PR via EOI route prior to current work visa expiring; and from inside NZ, for two adults and two kids under 10, it has come to a smidgen short of NZ$3000 at NZ$2954.28.

I would say if budget is tight this means it is way better to avoid incurring these costs twice and get PR before you come out if at all possible so as to avoid duplicating these costs. I wouldn't resent the costs so much if they gave a speedy service but they don't, so it's just an extra (much needed) income stream for NZ Government i.m.v.

Last edited by luvwelly; Aug 16th 2009 at 11:42 pm. Reason: sp
Old Aug 17th 2009, 3:45 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: NZ$3000 = PR Application cost

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Have just totted up cost of applying for PR via EOI route prior to current work visa expiring; and from inside NZ, for two adults and two kids under 10, it has come to a smidgen short of NZ$3000 at NZ$2954.28.

I would say if budget is tight this means it is way better to avoid incurring these costs twice and get PR before you come out if at all possible so as to avoid duplicating these costs. I wouldn't resent the costs so much if they gave a speedy service but they don't, so it's just an extra (much needed) income stream for NZ Government i.m.v.
thats what we have just done, we are not coming to nz until jan 2010, therefore we have had the time to apply for pr. Submittingby hand tomorrow at london branch!!! cannot wait, so excited but then will be checking everything possible daily, or hourly lol. x
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NZ$3000 = PR Application cost

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
thats what we have just done, we are not coming to nz until jan 2010, therefore we have had the time to apply for pr. Submittingby hand tomorrow at london branch!!! cannot wait, so excited but then will be checking everything possible daily, or hourly lol. x
Hope the nerves hold up for tomorrow I know when I posted our 1st ITA didnt want to let the post office have it, my heart was beating so fast sure everyone in the queue could hear it. Hope things happen quickly for you both.
Best of luck
Chris x