NVQ'S

Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:54 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Not where I want to be!
Posts: 19
wobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the rough
Default NVQ'S

Hi all, I wonder if anyone could give me a little help please. We are at the very early stages of our second attempt to emigrate to NZ. We went out there in November 2006 on the LTBV but due to long and complicated reasons we reluctantly returned in April 2007. We have now gathered our thoughts, licked our wounds etc and have decided we are ready to try again.

Does anyone know if NVQ Level 3 Administration, )the examining body was RSA), is a recognised basic qualification. We're trying to scrounge as many points as possible in the hope that we don't have to go down the LTBV route again! If this does count, things are looking a whole lot rosier!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks muchly in advance!
wobbler is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:38 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 146
getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: NVQ'S

Hi there

I'm sorry I don't have any good advice (hopefully someone else will come along soon with some better help) but I just wanted to say good luck.

My motto is never give up on what you want - we desparately want to get to NZ and are waiting for a decision on attempt number 1 however, should we get shot down, we fully intend to investigate alternative routes to get our dream! I hope it works out for you this time round.

I would suggest getting your qualification assessed by NZQA first. I know it takes ages and does cost a lot but if you can spare the cash it would help you to know where you stand and give you a better idea.
getmethere is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:46 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by getmethere View Post
Hi there

I'm sorry I don't have any good advice (hopefully someone else will come along soon with some better help) but I just wanted to say good luck.

My motto is never give up on what you want - we desparately want to get to NZ and are waiting for a decision on attempt number 1 however, should we get shot down, we fully intend to investigate alternative routes to get our dream! I hope it works out for you this time round.

I would suggest getting your qualification assessed by NZQA first. I know it takes ages and does cost a lot but if you can spare the cash it would help you to know where you stand and give you a better idea.
Hi,
I cannot answer you specific question however I have had considerable 'experience' of NZQA. My advice to you is to spend the extra and have a full assessment of any qualifications and NOT opt for the cheaper pre-assessment. I had a post grad obtained at one of the most respected property management colleges in the UK assessed at level 8 on a pre-assessment which is now being questioned as even valid at the subsequent full assessment causing MAJOR issues for our application!! I was told by NZQA that pre-assessment only takes 'about 15 minutes' and is, I believe an utter waste of money and not worth the paper its written on. The disclaimer that NZQA issue with it pretty much states this so avoid the headaches and get the thing done properly.
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:10 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
j19fmm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Pakaraka
Posts: 3,264
j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Hi,
I cannot answer you specific question however I have had considerable 'experience' of NZQA. My advice to you is to spend the extra and have a full assessment of any qualifications and NOT opt for the cheaper pre-assessment. I had a post grad obtained at one of the most respected property management colleges in the UK assessed at level 8 on a pre-assessment which is now being questioned as even valid at the subsequent full assessment causing MAJOR issues for our application!! I was told by NZQA that pre-assessment only takes 'about 15 minutes' and is, I believe an utter waste of money and not worth the paper its written on. The disclaimer that NZQA issue with it pretty much states this so avoid the headaches and get the thing done properly.
Hi Rock Ape, any further news on your assessment yet?
j19fmm is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:13 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by j19fmm View Post
Hi Rock Ape, any further news on your assessment yet?
Have PM'ed you
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:29 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: UK-NZ-AUS-UK
Posts: 65
Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: NVQ'S

Hi Wobbler! Did anyone get back to you about your Level 3 Admin? Unfortunately i dont have the answer, but i also have a Level 3 in Administration and a level 3 in Community Justice - so was wondering what you had been advised? Ive got to be honest, when i looked into it, it appeared to be the Level 4 that was recognised. When ive looked into the qualifications in this country NVQ Level 4's were classed as being at degree standard, Level 3's were at A Level standard. Let me know how you get on
Koolcat is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:44 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Not where I want to be!
Posts: 19
wobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the roughwobbler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NVQ'S

Hi all, many thanks for your replies.

I heard back from NZQA yesterday morning, they stated as follows,

'Pre-assessment result Level 4'

'On the information available, the NZQA assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 4 on the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications.'

Am still sightly confused to be honest-does this now qualify as a 'basic qualification'?? Hope so!!!!

Many thanks again for all your replies.
xx
wobbler is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:43 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
nic.gem.soph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 112
nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Have PM'ed you
Rock Ape, is it bad news then?

wobbler, I didn't bother with pre-assess, just went straight for full after all the words of advice on here.

j19fmm, heard anymore about yours yet?

nic

Last edited by nic.gem.soph; Aug 19th 2008 at 7:51 pm.
nic.gem.soph is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 7:48 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
j19fmm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Pakaraka
Posts: 3,264
j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
Hi all, many thanks for your replies.

I heard back from NZQA yesterday morning, they stated as follows,

'Pre-assessment result Level 4'

'On the information available, the NZQA assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 4 on the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications.'

Am still sightly confused to be honest-does this now qualify as a 'basic qualification'?? Hope so!!!!

Many thanks again for all your replies.
xx
Having heard about discrepancies with pre-assessment and then full assessment I wouldn't count on any points until a full assessment is done. Sorry to be negative but that seems to be the nature of NZQA!

Last edited by j19fmm; Aug 19th 2008 at 7:50 pm. Reason: sp
j19fmm is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:20 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
Rock Ape, is it bad news then?

wobbler, I didn't bother with pre-assess, just went straight for full after all the words of advice on here.

j19fmm, heard anymore about yours yet?

nic
No, not bad news but rather a case of still no news. I think that we will get the result we want eventually but that it might just take a tad longer and will require pulling out the big guns! I'll be sure to update as and when.

RA

Last edited by Rock Ape; Aug 19th 2008 at 9:25 pm. Reason: spelling!
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:35 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
nic.gem.soph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 112
nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
No, not bad news but rather a case of still no news. I think that we will get the result we want eventually but that it might just take a tad longer and will require pulling out the big guns! I'll be sure to update as and when.

RA
go get um cowboy
nic.gem.soph is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:31 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
j19fmm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Pakaraka
Posts: 3,264
j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
j19fmm, heard anymore about yours yet?

nic
I know my documents arrived at NZQA because they took the money but I have not even had an email confirming that, even though they said twice that they would email!! However I'm keeping my head down, not making waves and keeping everything crossed Coward ? Me?
j19fmm is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:43 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
nic.gem.soph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 112
nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by j19fmm View Post
I know my documents arrived at NZQA because they took the money but I have not even had an email confirming that, even though they said twice that they would email!! However I'm keeping my head down, not making waves and keeping everything crossed Coward ? Me?
If I remember correctly you didn't apply online, did a form and posted it all off together? I did OH's on line and can log on to system and see what stage the application is at.

nic
nic.gem.soph is offline  
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:21 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
j19fmm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Pakaraka
Posts: 3,264
j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ'S

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
If I remember correctly you didn't apply online, did a form and posted it all off together? I did OH's on line and can log on to system and see what stage the application is at.

nic
Technically everyones application is on line now, that is what is taking so long as they download all paper info and merge the two systems. But as they haven't even said they've received it I don't have any way of accessing the system to check on status Might email Malcolm Veitch again
j19fmm is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.