British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NVQ / NZQA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nvq-nzqa-660893/)

celeliza Mar 24th 2010 8:28 am

NVQ / NZQA

Hi there,

I am considering applying for a permanent residency but first I would have to apply for EOI first.

I am a bit confused about whether to get my qualifications assessed or not as I know it costs a lot of money!! I read that some of the qualifications on the list do not require an assessment by NZQA as there are exceptions. I have a NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and this qualification is listed as being exempt from assessment. The only problem is that the awarding body for my NVQ3 is not namely listed.

I am wondering if I am still being exempt for assessment for NVQ3 but even though the trade awarding body is not listed? Has anyone been through this similiar situation before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Claire

neilspokes Mar 24th 2010 8:58 am

Re: NVQ / NZQA

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 8443839)
Hi there,

I am considering applying for a permanent residency but first I would have to apply for EOI first.

I am a bit confused about whether to get my qualifications assessed or not as I know it costs a lot of money!! I read that some of the qualifications on the list do not require an assessment by NZQA as there are exceptions. I have a NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and this qualification is listed as being exempt from assessment. The only problem is that the awarding body for my NVQ3 is not namely listed.

I am wondering if I am still being exempt for assessment for NVQ3 but even though the trade awarding body is not listed? Has anyone been through this similiar situation before?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Claire

Hi
We have just gone through the same with my wife, qualification was on the list, but not the awarding body, put the EOI in, pulled out of pool first time, they wanted it assessed did a prelimanary assessment but NZQA wanted a full assessment, so $705 later plus the cost of the preliminary we are back in the pool with the qualification assessed. So I would say in the long run get them assessed first. Hope this helps
Neil

celeliza Apr 7th 2010 7:34 am

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your response. I have decided to do a full assessment with NZQA as I have other qualifications that I can get it assessed at the same time. When I read the requirements, I realised I would need to obtain work references from my old/present employers. I'm not sure how far NZQA want to see evidence of work experience. Can I ask how far you had to prove your wife's work experience?? Did you have any trouble obtaining from employers? My current employment in NZ wouldn't be a problem but the past employers are in the UK might be tricky and I'm worried I won't be able to get them.

Really want to submit it to get things ball rolling but need to get some clear answers before I pay the huge amount fee!!!!

Cheers,
Claire

neilspokes Apr 7th 2010 8:35 am

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 8478153)
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your response. I have decided to do a full assessment with NZQA as I have other qualifications that I can get it assessed at the same time. When I read the requirements, I realised I would need to obtain work references from my old/present employers. I'm not sure how far NZQA want to see evidence of work experience. Can I ask how far you had to prove your wife's work experience?? Did you have any trouble obtaining from employers? My current employment in NZ wouldn't be a problem but the past employers are in the UK might be tricky and I'm worried I won't be able to get them.

Really want to submit it to get things ball rolling but need to get some clear answers before I pay the huge amount fee!!!!

Cheers,
Claire

Hi Claire,
We sent certificates, cv, and begged previous references from her employers, one of which was not on headed paper as its not company policy, she also did a statement herself as we are self employed explaining her job role, apart from that we just sent birth certificate, marriage certificate and copy of passport, we were a little bit worried about the amount of evidence but with my wifes statement saying why certain references were the way they were (not on headed paper) it was all ok. Good luck.
Neil:fingerscrossed: