British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   NVQ Level 3... Should I get it Certified (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nvq-level-3-should-i-get-certified-511755/)

scottishnomad Feb 4th 2008 8:45 pm

NVQ Level 3... Should I get it Certified

Hi Again,

I have a NVQ Level 3 in Management from the UK, which I done at work.

Is this worth getting assessed in NZ? From my research, I thought that Level 3 was not a high enough level to count for anything because it was not classed as full time study.

Has anyone else had a similar Qual assessed?

Cheers

Scottish N

jueinnz Feb 4th 2008 11:37 pm

Re: NVQ Level 3... Should I get it Certified

Originally Posted by scottishnomad (Post 5884534)
Hi Again,

I have a NVQ Level 3 in Management from the UK, which I done at work.

Is this worth getting assessed in NZ? From my research, I thought that Level 3 was not a high enough level to count for anything because it was not classed as full time study.

Has anyone else had a similar Qual assessed?

Cheers

Scottish N

I have a level 3 but didn't get it assessed as I also had level 4 n.e.bs which they assessed as a National Diploma Level 5, which was high enough to get me in.

donnisons Mar 5th 2008 6:53 pm

Hi

Wonder if you can advise me on having my NEBS Diploma in Management assessed. I am on the EOI as partner and husband is in the process of having his quals assessed as he is Teacher so needs to have his done.

Does anyone know if it would be a high enough qual to get the 20 points which the partner can claim on EOI.

Thanks

Elaine

jueinnz Mar 7th 2008 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 6022175)
Hi

Wonder if you can advise me on having my NEBS Diploma in Management assessed. I am on the EOI as partner and husband is in the process of having his quals assessed as he is Teacher so needs to have his done.

Does anyone know if it would be a high enough qual to get the 20 points which the partner can claim on EOI.

Thanks

Elaine

Thats what was mine was I just completed it as a NVQ level 4 but it was through N.E.Bs so have a look to see how many pionts they will give you for a National Dipoma level 5

donnisons Jul 23rd 2008 2:34 pm

Hi Jueinnz

Can you tell me when you achieved your NEBS Level 4? I sent my NEBS Diploma in Management off for assessment, but was told they couldn't assess it as NEBs was not recognised as a accredited qualification (I achieved mine in 2001).

Cheers

Elaine

scottishnomad Jul 23rd 2008 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 6602036)
Hi Jueinnz

Can you tell me when you achieved your NEBS Level 4? I sent my NEBS Diploma in Management off for assessment, but was told they couldn't assess it as NEBs was not recognised as a accredited qualification (I achieved mine in 2001).

Cheers

Elaine

Mine was a NVQ Level 3, done it in Scotland so makes it a little different

jueinnz Jul 25th 2008 7:39 am

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 6602036)
Hi Jueinnz

Cheers

Elaine

Thats a bit weird? I would have completed it in 1998 and would have had it assessed around about 2001.

Thats real strange????? We had all our things done through a agent. so I can't tellyou more sorry.

emmsy poo Jul 25th 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Im new to all this, as just started the process. Luckily we can get in on my hubby's requirements.:D

But for me to find work Im worried that my NVQ5 will not be recognised, I also have a national diploma (which I think is actually enough to give me enough points, but its all very confusing).:confused:

The Immigration officer stated that unless it was a degree (NVQ5 is supposed to be degree level) from a recognised university it must be assessed, is this correct?:confused:

Many thanks:D

jueinnz Jul 25th 2008 8:29 pm

So there is no piont in you getting your quals assessed if you can get in with out, unless you need them to secure a job that required qualifications.

Fooferfish Jul 26th 2008 8:26 pm

NZQA is an online process which does not cost alot to get them checked, i had to do a NVQ3 in machine woodworking and NZIS said sorry it has to be a level 4, no arguments, so we lost our points, trouble was its the highest you can get in UK for Machine woodworking, lucky we got points back for another job offer in one of my other skills.

Good luck with the process, it can seem tough at times and like banging youe head against a brick wall, we had all of that and more, but been here over 3 years now.