NVQ Level 2

Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

newmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant future
Default NVQ Level 2

Hi

My wife has an NVQ level 2 in Disability care and support, would this qualification be recognised by the NZQA and also NZIS for points on an EOI?

Thanks for any help.

newmaps
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:14 pm
Banned

aysh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NVQ Level 2

Hi... I am from India. What does basic qualification mean? I have done the Senior Secondary School Certificate. Is this considered to be Level 4 of the NZ Qualification... Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:24 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by aysh
Hi... I am from India. <snip> I have done the Senior Secondary School Certificate. Is this considered to be Level 4 of the NZ Qualification...
Sorry, but no.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:51 pm
Banned

Hi... Thanks for your reply.

This is year 12th. I also have a diploma in Secretarial Practice but unfortunately none of the Diploma course which done were from any recognized institutions. Do you have any suggestion on what I should do? It is also very difficult to get a job offer as we do not have any NZ expos here. Do you know any website where I can visit to check out Indian businesses? I am really sorry for asking so many questions all at once but I really liked NZ during my visit. Unfortunately, I was told then that the Immigration process was a hard task..

Any help appreciated...

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi... Thanks for your reply.

This is year 12th.
Nobody here will be too impressed with that, sorry once again.
I also have a diploma in Secretarial Practice but unfortunately none of the Diploma course which done were from any recognized institutions. Do you have any suggestion on what I should do?
Two options spring to mind. One, get your skill set upgraded to something that is on the Long Term Skill Shortages List. This option will entail an investment of time and money. The second option is to marry a Kiwi, but that would still mean hanging around a bit until New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) is satisfied that you are in a bona-fide relationship. Option one may be your best choice.
It is also very difficult to get a job offer as we do not have any NZ expos here. Do you know any website where I can visit to check out Indian businesses?
Try here for a start -> http://www.nzindians.org.nz/. They may have some contacts or they perhaps know where to steer you in the right direction.

Make Google your friend and network network network.
I am really sorry for asking so many questions all at once but I really liked NZ during my visit. Unfortunately, I was told then that the Immigration process was a hard task..

Any help appreciated...

Thanks
No worries aysh. Good luck with it all.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by happynz
Nobody here will be too impressed with that, sorry once again.
Two options spring to mind. One, get your skill set upgraded to something that is on the Long Term Skill Shortages List. This option will entail an investment of time and money. The second option is to marry a Kiwi, but that would still mean hanging around a bit until New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) is satisfied that you are in a bona-fide relationship. Option one may be your best choice.
Try here for a start -> http://www.nzindians.org.nz/. They may have some contacts or they perhaps know where to steer you in the right direction.

Make Google your friend and network network network.
No worries aysh. Good luck with it all.
Thank you for your assistance... really appreciated..

Agree with you that option 1 is the better choice. The 2nd option does not count for me as I dont want to club the two anyways

Thanks... will look for options...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by newmaps
Hi

My wife has an NVQ level 2 in Disability care and support, would this qualification be recognised by the NZQA and also NZIS for points on an EOI?

Thanks for any help.

newmaps
NZQA may recognise it to some degree but I doubt it would be to any level which would earn you points.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

newmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant futurenewmaps has a brilliant future

Thanks for your help.

newmaps