Nursing qualification

Old Feb 3rd 2020, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Carpe Diem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing qualification

Hi All
could anyone tell me if I register my U.K. nursing qualification with the NZ nursing council ( ie then it has been assessed) does that then mean I have a ‘ qualification that is exempt from assessment’ on the points system? I am worried I will not have enough points if this is not the case
I can’t find the answer to this question anywhere . Hopefully someone can enlighten me as no point starting the process of registering/ job hunting until I know
thanks so much
Old Feb 6th 2020, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing qualification

Easy answer yes, under current rules if you register as an RN you are deemed to have a level 7 qualification as it has been assessed by a registration body as that
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for that confirmation
Old Feb 16th 2020, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi I’m a bit worried that as I did my nurse training in 1986 and do not have a degree I won’t be accepted or have enough points for skilled migrant visa? Please could anyone clarify this ?
Old Feb 16th 2020, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Hi I’m a bit worried that as I did my nurse training in 1986 and do not have a degree I won’t be accepted or have enough points for skilled migrant visa? Please could anyone clarify this ?

my mother in law came over and she trained in the 70’s the only way to know is to bang your stuff into the NZ nursing council im afraid and they will assess, make sure its every scrap from every course and job you have ever done as a nurse, im a diploma grad and I got over
Old Feb 17th 2020, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
my mother in law came over and she trained in the 70’s the only way to know is to bang your stuff into the NZ nursing council im afraid and they will assess, make sure its every scrap from every course and job you have ever done as a nurse, im a diploma grad and I got over
Thanks I think the first step is a PAR assessment? That might tell me first and I’ll contact nursing council
Old Feb 17th 2020, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carpe Diem
Thanks I think the first step is a PAR assessment? That might tell me first and I’ll contact nursing council
Dont bother with a NZQA check its money you dont need to spend as the council do all the checks against the criteria
Old Feb 25th 2020, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Clairemidwife is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a midwifery diploma only. (2005) and I’ve just received my visa.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Tond3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife
I have a midwifery diploma only. (2005) and I’ve just received my visa.
Hello Claire, how long was the turnaround for the visa application ? My partner and I wanna shoot off there, she has a job and has sorted out the nursing registration in NZ.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Clairemidwife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tond3
Hello Claire, how long was the turnaround for the visa application ? My partner and I wanna shoot off there, she has a job and has sorted out the nursing registration in NZ.
It was 5 months but we went the residency route.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife
It was 5 months but we went the residency route.
thanks for getting back to me, sorry to bother you, that’s the visa we’re you have to be invited to apply right? I know you have to have 160 points, but what are the chances of getting picked so you can apply
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tond3
thanks for getting back to me, sorry to bother you, that’s the visa we’re you have to be invited to apply right? I know you have to have 160 points, but what are the chances of getting picked so you can apply
Yes resident visa (skilled migrant) is a points system and at the moment you MUST have at least 160 points for the EOI to be selected from the pool AND you also need to have points for a job offer, OR points for NZ study experience, OR points for NZ skilled work experience in order to be approved. If you have at least 160 points your EOI is guaranteed to be selected and if the points you are claiming are reasonable you will be invited to apply. Takes several months though even with a job offer and assuming no issues with any of the evidence you provide or the medicals etc.
Old Mar 2nd 2020, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Yes resident visa (skilled migrant) is a points system and at the moment you MUST have at least 160 points for the EOI to be selected from the pool AND you also need to have points for a job offer, OR points for NZ study experience, OR points for NZ skilled work experience in order to be approved. If you have at least 160 points your EOI is guaranteed to be selected and if the points you are claiming are reasonable you will be invited to apply. Takes several months though even with a job offer and assuming no issues with any of the evidence you provide or the medicals etc.
Thank you, that makes perfect sense, and thank you for the time you took to clarify this.