British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Nurse registration...how long? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/nurse-registration-how-long-527460/)

nearly nurse Apr 7th 2008 11:00 am

Nurse registration...how long?

Hello there :)

I have recently recieved my ITA and am waiting very patiently for nurse registration so I can post it all away.

I Know from reading on here that the registration process can take some time. I wondered if anyone could share there experiences with me with regards to how long they waited, from NZNC taking the money out of your account (yes...they dont dilly dally on that part do they? :sneaky:) and something constructive taking place.

thanks in advance
claire :)

Cyffiwr Apr 7th 2008 4:23 pm

Re: Nurse registration...how long?

Hi Claire,

I think it took about 4 weeks for hubby's registration to come through after they'd taken the money. Mine took a few weeks longer, but that was because my manager didn't date the first reference she sent them and then emailed to confirm that she had written the letter and misspelled the address!!! :mad:
I found them very nice and helpful on the phone when I rang to clarify that they had finally received everything.
Hubby's certificate just turned up in the post - no notification it was on it's way or anything.
It was great to get it though - very, very happy when it turned up.
And it's a pretty colour blue too :thumbup:

Hope all goes smoothly for you. Which part of NZ are you headed?

Sarah

weejie Apr 7th 2008 5:39 pm

Hello you two,have PM'd you both

Phyllis

over50 Apr 8th 2008 4:00 am

Hi I sent an e-mail to the nznc and they returned with at least 3 months for registration to be sent after assessments have been done etc, a practising certificate and registration will be issued.
Sorry if this isn't correct for everyone but thats what I have been told, I too am waiting for it to be returned. Mine was sent in January and I still havent got it as yet. However we are still waiting for the ITA so no great probs here although I do have a job to go to in Nelson.
Hope this helps.
Dee.

donnaf Apr 8th 2008 6:12 am

We were told up to 3 months but it only took about 3 weeks, although we did have jobs waiting which may have speeded the process up,
donna

over50 Apr 9th 2008 3:18 am

I have a job waiting also which they do know about, but it still has made no difference but atleast my employer in NZ does know. Maybe it is different with everyone but it does seem to take a while to get your registration in NZ assessed as there does seem to be a few that have commented on this.
Dee.