Nurse and familly need help

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse and familly need help

just a note our DHB do try to help with nurse registration etc it is worth talking to the recruitment team of whatever particular DHB you want (ours is CCDHB)
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

clarecarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurse and familly need help

Hi you need get your wifes WA cert for nurse registration copied and signed by a justice. Send that along to NZ nursing Council, they are in Wellington. good luck!

clare

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi

We have just decided to go for it and move to NZ. We made the move to oz a few years ago but familly health problems back home brought us home again (my dad got ill and died). To be honest the heat and spiders etc did not suit my wife that well so were not considering heading back at the moment.

Anyways we need some help. My better half is a nurse so she will be the primary applicant for PR. She has registration in oz still so I think that gets us through eng lang capability on the eoi. I have a BSc Hons degree, do I claim the points for this and then get it assessed by the relevant authority in NZ while we are waiting to be pulled from the pool? ie do we claim points for everything we think we will get and prove it later. What I mean is Melissa's qualifications are recognised in Ire, Eng , Oz etc so were sure they will be accepted in NZ but she has not been assessed and registered there yet. Do we claim points for her qualifications etc and assume we can back it up after\if we get pulled from the pool.

Also were borderline to acheive 140 pts, but if Melissa has a job offer (she is a RN here in Ireland on a general medical ward but has worked in Haemo dialysis). Is it feasible for Melissa to get a job from here and that job to be held until we get Visa. If so can anyone recomend agency or health board, ie whats the best way of going about it.

Melissa's on nights so has asked me to see if anyone can help.
Any help would be fantastic and really appreciated.

Thanks

Eddie