British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   November 2008 EOI SUBMITTED (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/november-2008-eoi-submitted-572115/)

steelblue Nov 9th 2008 2:39 pm

November 2008 EOI SUBMITTED

Hi Everyone,

We've searched for a thread and can't find one for all the November 2008 applicants - so I thought we'd start one!

After washing up the Sunday dinner pots and pans, the whole family 2.4 + dog did the deed..... WE'VE CLICKED THE BUTTON !!!!! :ohmy:

EOI Submitted today!! :thumbsup:

It'll be good to share experiences with everyone who has submitted (or will be submitting) your EOI in November 2008.

CarolineSwan Nov 9th 2008 6:00 pm

Re: November 2008 EOI SUBMITTED

yay best of luck , i hope you get picked out very soon

caz :thumbup:

teebrown Nov 9th 2008 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 6955782)
Hi Everyone,

We've searched for a thread and can't find one for all the November 2008 applicants - so I thought we'd start one!

After washing up the Sunday dinner pots and pans, the whole family 2.4 + dog did the deed..... WE'VE CLICKED THE BUTTON !!!!! :ohmy:

It'll be good to share experiences with everyone who has submitted (or will be submitting) your EOI in November 2008.

All the very best of luck, where are you thinking of heading? and when?

iwannagonow Nov 10th 2008 10:21 am

Good Luck...hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

Ditto Teebrown!...where & when are you going?

squiddley Nov 10th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 6955782)
Hi Everyone,

Good luck.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

teebrown Nov 10th 2008 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 6958279)
Good Luck...hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

Ditto Teebrown!...where & when are you going?

We are off to Burnham, south of Christchurch, fly out March, it's all very exciting and emotional.

iwannagonow Nov 10th 2008 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by teebrown (Post 6958606)
We are off to Burnham, south of Christchurch, fly out March, it's all very exciting and emotional.

Christchurch is supposed to be lovely..I've never been though! We're hoping to go January...to Papamoa, Bay of Plenty. :thumbsup:

You're right in saying it's a very exciting & emotional time...never known anything like it!

Good luck with everything

Cheryl x

steelblue Nov 10th 2008 1:25 pm

Hi teebrown, carolineshewan, iwannagonow & squiddley !!!

Many thanks to all of you for your notes of 'good luck'!!
We are hoping to settle in/around Rotorua as OH has a job offer in the town. :thumbup:

Looking at all of your 'signatures' the VISA process moves quite quickly! Lets hope we sell the house as fast as the immigration people! mmmm :unsure:

teebrown Nov 10th 2008 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by iwannagonow (Post 6958658)
Christchurch is supposed to be lovely..I've never been though! We're hoping to go January...to Papamoa, Bay of Plenty. :thumbsup:

You're right in saying it's a very exciting & emotional time...never known anything like it!

Good luck with everything

Cheryl x

Thank you, I noticed your beautiful Boxer in your pic, we too have a lovely Red Boxer, unfortunately old age and arthritus got the better of him last month and he passed away, they are the best dogs in the world, and we will get another when we get to NZ.

iwannagonow Nov 10th 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by teebrown (Post 6958702)
Thank you, I noticed your beautiful Boxer in your pic, we too have a lovely Red Boxer, unfortunately old age and arthritus got the better of him last month and he passed away, they are the best dogs in the world, and we will get another when we get to NZ.

O dear! I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it's heartbreaking when they go isn't it...I'm sure he will be smiling down on you from 'doggy heaven'...they are such a happy looking breed of dog aren't they?!!

Kimi-Deacon Nov 10th 2008 6:58 pm

OMG You finally done it then :eek: Good Luck Guys see you when you get here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

becky667 Nov 10th 2008 8:01 pm

Its all very exciting isn't it?

steelblue Nov 13th 2008 9:24 am

November 2008 EOI Application SUBMITTED

Hi Becky
Yes, very exciting!!

We found out last night after chatting to Kimi-Deacon that we missed the EOI selection date by one day !! Got to wait now until the next one end of month???

How's things moving along for you? Job offer? Sold house etc??

SteelBlue's OH

steelblue Dec 1st 2008 8:53 pm

November 2008 EOI Applications

My OH was selected from the EOI pool at the end of November. We're hoping the 'do-it-yourself' EOI was filled out correctly.. :unsure:

What can we be doing whilst we are waiting for the ITA ??
Please could someone who has just jumped through the ITA hoops give me a list of documents that will be needed. I understand that some / all of them need a signature to get them certified. Just one copy of everything ?

On another note, there must be loads of us NOVEMBER EOI applicants out there! What stage are you at?? It would be super to hear your stories!

Cheers Steelblue OH :D

marmite1000 Dec 2nd 2008 6:50 am

Hi..
Well we submitted our E.O.I last week in November, so getting excited now.....Im a nurse, OH electrician , we are looking at maybe Rotorua, Bay of Plymouth and New Plymouth , still researching, schools, location ...etc

I dont know much about the nursing registration yet for NZ, when do i apply for that, how, online>, ? and does it cost? ,

Anyone know about the above areas for schooling, work for nurses, electrians....?

Good luck with selections for anyone applying..
Sam