British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Not over yet: first a work visa then PR issues! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/not-over-yet-first-work-visa-then-pr-issues-627982/)

Jan n Neil Aug 28th 2009 7:40 am

Not over yet: first a work visa then PR issues!

Hmmm

Even though the UK passport authority are satisfied I changed my name due to marriage ( more than once actually :o ) NZIS want even more proof for the PR process! I had foreseen this actually and have marriage/divorce paperwork to hand :thumbsup: BUT, how stupid, when I had to prove all this for a UK passport anyway. AND: the temporary visa team accepted the changes...

And now, they want even more relationship evidence. I s'pose it's cos the original evidence finished 5 months ago (our temp visa application) and I also foresaw this and have been saving evidence since... Do you think a wedding ceremony booking in Tekapo next Feb will suffice :rofl:

On the bright side, our lawyers have transferred our PR application from London to Christchurch, so at least we are on the doorstep now.

Jan

MnB Aug 28th 2009 8:19 am

Re: Not over yet: first a work visa then PR issues!

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 7882704)
Hmmm

Even though the UK passport authority are satisfied I changed my name due to marriage ( more than once actually :o ) NZIS want even more proof for the PR process! I had foreseen this actually and have marriage/divorce paperwork to hand :thumbsup: BUT, how stupid, when I had to prove all this for a UK passport anyway. AND: the temporary visa team accepted the changes...

And now, they want even more relationship evidence. I s'pose it's cos the original evidence finished 5 months ago (our temp visa application) and I also foresaw this and have been saving evidence since... Do you think a wedding ceremony booking in Tekapo next Feb will suffice :rofl:

On the bright side, our lawyers have transferred our PR application from London to Christchurch, so at least we are on the doorstep now.

Jan

Oh Jan ....its a bummer! Its lucky you are well prepared! currently saving every scrap of evidence I can and salvaging 'rubbish' having heard stories like yours ... so thanks for the warning!
Good luck with the jobs and the wedding!!
B x

BEVS Aug 28th 2009 8:24 am

I have read in the past that even kids are not enough evidence. :lol:

I think it was the rust mark on husbands ankle that convinced NZIs he was shackled

Do you think a wedding ceremony booking in Tekapo next Feb will suffice
Could you make that Nelson . It's been ages since I have been to a good wedding bash. :beer:

Jan n Neil Aug 28th 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 7882796)
Could you make that Nelson . It's been ages since I have been to a good wedding bash. :beer:

erm, no sorry :rofl:

We have no kids, but I ain't about to start now :ohmy: :rofl: