Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Not going to let the buggers get me down!

Not going to let the buggers get me down!

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not going to let the buggers get me down!

As some of you already know my medical has been referred due to BMI >35.I know I'm overweight but when someone tells you bluntly that you can't get what you want because you are fat it really hurts,you know? Anyway,not letting the NZIS buggers get me down anymore,I am having an induction and fitness test done at the gym on Tuesday am and plan to go 3 times a week. It won't do me any harm,except I'll have to buy lots of new clothes if I lose weight and OH won't be too happy about that! I just want to say to those of you who have done and are doing the same thing that you have been an inspiration and knowing others are in the same boat is a big help. Thanks.

Phyllis
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not going to let the buggers get me down!

Good for you!! Good luck! I'm sure you will feel the benefits in so many ways.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Bakers is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck and good for you. I wish you every success. It may feel hard at times but I'm sure you'll keep motivated as you've a very good reason for doing it.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Good luck!! As said above, you have a fantastic motive!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Yay go for it Phyllis
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Phyllis, you have taken the first steps, although I passed the midicals I was boarder line with the waist measurement and know I could lose a couple of stone, so I too have gone back to the gym, which I am really enjoying and have joined Slimming world, I can honestly say I have never eaten so much in my life and still lose weight.

Good on you and well done, let us all know how you are getting on.

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Phyllis - you go girl!! Don't forget your leg warmers - or am I showing how long it is since I went to the gym?

Have some fitness karma to keep you going.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your support. It's helping already.

Phyllis
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:56 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weejie
As some of you already know my medical has been referred due to BMI >35.I know I'm overweight but when someone tells you bluntly that you can't get what you want because you are fat it really hurts,you know? Anyway,not letting the NZIS buggers get me down anymore,I am having an induction and fitness test done at the gym on Tuesday am and plan to go 3 times a week. It won't do me any harm,except I'll have to buy lots of new clothes if I lose weight and OH won't be too happy about that! I just want to say to those of you who have done and are doing the same thing that you have been an inspiration and knowing others are in the same boat is a big help. Thanks.

Phyllis
that is annoying just because your overweight dont mean your not fit anyway good luck xxxx
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Am Loolah;6705869]Well done Phyllis - you go girl!! Don't forget your leg warmers - or am I showing how long it is since I went to the gym?QUOTE]

Good luck Phyllis on getting to the weight you want.

nic
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:09 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Phyllis

It will all be worth it in the long run! Then you can sit back and relax when you get to NZ with a nice glass of red

Sue
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Just back from my induction at the gym.........wasn't as bad as I was dreading it would be. Seemed really relaxed and not posery-poncey like I thought it would be. They are going to set me up a programme to follow and monitor my weight loss( hopefully) and my attendance so that if the lovely NZIS people want proof they will get it.

Phyllis

p.s. Am Loolah; didn't take the leg warmers,thought they might stop me from joining but may do soon

P x
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck, I am in the same boat. After sending in documentation backing up my weight lose, letter from GP, letter from Personal Trainer and gym. I have unfortunately had to apply for a medical wavier because of my BMI, no other help problems.

Good luck, with your plan, I did the same over 6 months ago, I go the gym everyday once at 6.30am and then on my way home from work at 3pm. When you get into a routine you will really enjoy yourself.