NON ENGLISH SPEAKING WIFE

Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:10 pm
Banned

taxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NON ENGLISH SPEAKING WIFE

Hello, just starting the process and am wondering about my wife her english is very bad and im trying to teach her but would this cause a problem with immigration. thank you. Moh
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:47 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NON ENGLISH SPEAKING WIFE

Originally Posted by taxman View Post
Hello, just starting the process and am wondering about my wife her english is very bad and im trying to teach her but would this cause a problem with immigration. thank you. Moh

Hi Moh - welcome to the world of British Expats! I've not had personal experience of this, but many people have spoken about IELTS tests which seem to be a requirement for speakers of other languages? I think the requirements are stipulated on the Immigration New Zealand web site?

If she's keen to learn - I think Learn Direct offer some good foundation courses in English? Getting her along to one of those where she should be able to learn in a group environment where everyone else will be in the same boat may be a really good start.

BTW - don't expect everyone to be friendly if you pick a username like "Taxman"!!!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taxman View Post
No. My mother doesn't speak very good English but it didn't cause a problem with immigration.....

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 1st 2010 at 1:08 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:45 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

You won't be able to claim points for her under the skilled migrant catagory if she isn't up to "primary applicant" standard IIRC.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 2:16 pm
Banned

taxman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teeym View Post
Hi Moh - welcome to the world of British Expats! I've not had personal experience of this, but many people have spoken about IELTS tests which seem to be a requirement for speakers of other languages? I think the requirements are stipulated on the Immigration New Zealand web site?

If she's keen to learn - I think Learn Direct offer some good foundation courses in English? Getting her along to one of those where she should be able to learn in a group environment where everyone else will be in the same boat may be a really good start.

BTW - don't expect everyone to be friendly if you pick a username like "Taxman"!!!
hello teeym, a little joke, when i first came to uk, a wise man from bradford told me-"IN BUISNESS, TO MAKE MILLIONS YOU HAVE TO STEAL THE FIRST MILLION, then it will all fall into place, and so thats what i done with help of taxman.

thank you for your help.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 7th 2010 at 5:23 am. Reason: merge
Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is now closed as Taxman was a bogus registration.

Apologies to those whose time, help & efforts were completely wasted by the OP.