Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

No significant or abnormal findings box on medical ticked but....

No significant or abnormal findings box on medical ticked but....

Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:23 am
Just Joined

mada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No significant or abnormal findings box on medical ticked but....

...the panel doctor put a line through the word "abnormal".

I have a couple things in my medical history (hip replacement at age 29 for one) that caused him to do that but as im only 31 though his view was I wouldn't be costing the country any money for a good few years if at all and therefor they aren't significant.

Any opinions if this will lead to a medical referal at processing or the fact he has ticked this box means they will more often than not go with his view?

He took copies of my medical notes but said he wouldnt send them off with the application. Just noted on the form they are available if required.

Im from the UK, currently in Wellington working for the same company for the past 3 months and applying for a temporary work visa and also submitting a residency application too.

Cheers
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No significant or abnormal findings box on medical ticked but....

our panel Dr told me that if anything abnormal showed up he would let us know. wasn't til we submitted our ITA when the guy on the front desk comment about a nodule on my lung that I knew anything about it. was referred but all ok'ed.
So I'm afraid I don't think you're going to get a definitive answer because it may come down to the Case Officer you get and how they feel on the day, how they read the report and possibly a number of other factors.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware, anyone with an operation in their history gets referred to the Medical Advisor. The case officer will just be following procedure as they are not medically qualified to assess the impact of medical operations.

Sorry..... and hope I am wrong.....

Jan
Old Mar 17th 2012, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
As far as I am aware, anyone with an operation in their history gets referred to the Medical Advisor. The case officer will just be following procedure as they are not medically qualified to assess the impact of medical operations.
Yep I'm pretty sure this is the case, previous surgery seems to be almost an automatic referral.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If you have anything above average on your medical, it will be referred. I had a couple of slightly higher than average on blood tests, also my chest x-ray showed damage to my back. Both were referred and I needed a letter from the doctor for the blood one, to say it was just me. Also pre-empted the back one by getting a letter from my doctor saying I had never been to him with back problems, otherwise they would have asked for a letter anyway.

If you think you have any problems and you can, see if you can get a letter as it will save time as they will undoubtably ask for one anyway.